Starting from a continuous plane-wave representation of the electric and magnetic fields, spatial auto- and cross-correlation functions for field components and their modulus are derived in the three-dimensional Rayleigh channel case. It is shown that existing results, generally relying on two-dimensional or isotropic models, can significantly differ from those obtained thanks to a three-dimensional approach.
2. Lee, W. C., Mobile Communications Design Fundamentals, Wiley, New York, 1993.
3. Saunders, S. R., Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, Wiley, New York, 1999.
4. Fuhl, J., A. F. Molisch, and E. Bonek, "Unified channel model for mobile radio systems with smart antennas," IEE Proc. Radar Sonar Navig., Vol. 145, 32-41, Feb. 1998.
5. Chuah, C., D. N. C. Tse, J. M. Kahn, and R. A. Valenzuela, "Capacity scaling in MIMO wireless systems under correlated fading," IEEE Trans. Infor. Theor., Vol. 48, 637-650, March 2002.
6. Shiu, D., G. J. Foschini, M. J. Gans, and J. M. Kahn, "Fading correlation and its effect on the capacity of multielement antenna systems," IEEE Trans. Comm., Vol. 48, 502-512, March 2000.
7. Salz, J. and J. H. Winters, "Effect of fading correlation on adaptative arrays in digital mobile radio," IEEE Trans. Vehic. Tech., Vol. 43, 1049-1057, Nov. 1994.
8. Lehman, T. H., "A statistical theory of electromagnetic fields in complex cavities," Interaction Notes, Note 494, May 1993.
9. Hill, D. A., "Spatial correlation function for fields in a reverberation chamber," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 37, 138, Feb. 1995.
10. Pnini, R. and B. Shapiro, "Intensity fluctuations in closed and open systems," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 54, 1032-1035, Aug. 1996.
11. Hill, D. A., "Plane wave integral representation for fields in reverberation chambers," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 40, 209-217, Aug. 1998.
12. Hill, D. A., "Linear dipole response in a reverberation chamber," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 41, 365-368, Nov. 1999.
13. Papoulis, A., Probability, RandomV ariables and Stochastic Processes, McGraw-Hill, Auckland, 1965.
14. Gradshteyn, I. S. and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series and Products, Academic press, New York, 1965.