For maneuvering target Doppler-bearing tracking with signal time delay, a novel approach called ISE-IMM is proposed in this paper. The iterative state estimation (ISE) method is designed to eliminate the negative influence of time delay effect and an interacting multiple model (IMM) filter is embedded to estimate the state according to the measurements of the delayed signal. The nonlinear filter preferred in this paper is a particle filter (PF) with an improved resampling procedure. Performance of our proposed method is evaluated in Monte Carlo simulations. Results show the effectiveness and stability of ISE-IMM-PF in combating the negative effect of signal time delay.
2. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008.
3. Shi, Z. G., S. Qiao, K. S. Chen, W. Z. Cui, W. Ma, T. Jiang, and L. X. Ran, "Ambiguity functions of direct chaotic radar employing microwave chaotic Colpitts oscillator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 1-14, 2007.
4. Garenaux, K., T. Merlet, and M. Alouini, "Recent breakthroughs in RF photonics for radar systems," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 22, No. 2, 3-8, 2007.
5. Wang, C. J., B. Y. Wen, Z. G. Ma, W. D. Yan, and X. J. Huang, "Measurement of river surface current with FWCW radar system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 375-386, 2007.
6. Wang, X., X. Guan, X. Ma, D. Wang, and Y. Su, "Calculating the poles of complex radar targets," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2065-2076, 2006.
7. Singh, A. K., P. Kumar, T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. Bhooshan, "A novel digital beamformer with low angle resolution for vehicle tracking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006.
8. Turkmen, I. and K. Guney, "Tabu search tracker with adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system for multiple target tracking," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 169-185, 2006.
9. Stratakos, Y., G. Geroulis, and N. Uzunoglu, "Analysis of glint phenomenon in a monopulse radar in the presence of skin echo and non-ideal interferometer echo signals," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 5, 697-711, 2005.
10. Jauffret, C. and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Track formation with bearing and frequency measurements in clutter," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 26, No. 6, 999-1010, 1990.
11. Ristic, B., S. Arulampalam, and N. Gordon, Beyond the Kalman Filter: Particle Filters for Tracking Applications, Artech House, London, 2004.
12. Arulampalam, M. S., B. Ristic, N. Gordon, and T. Mansell, "Bearings-only tracking of manoeuvring targets using particle filters," EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 2351-2365, 2004.
13. Ristic, B. and M. S. Arulampalam, "Tracking a manoeuvring target using angle-only measurements: Algorithms and performance," Signal Processing, Vol. 83, 1223-1238, 2003.
14. Chan, Y. T. and S. W. Rudnicki, "Bearings-only and Doppler-bearing tracking using instrumental variables," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 28, No. 4, 1076-1083, 1992.
15. Jauffret, C. and D. Pillon, "Observability in passive target motion analysis," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 32, No. 4, 1290-1300, 1996.
16. Guo, Y., A. Xue, and D. Peng, "A recursive algorithm for bearings-only tracking with signal time delay," Signal Processing, Vol. 88, 1539-1552, 2008.
17. Blom, H. A. P. and Y. Bar-Shalom, "The interacting multiple model algorithm for systems with Markovian switching coefficients," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 33, No. 8, 780-783, 1988.
18. Bar-Shalom, Y., X. R. Li, and T. Kirubarajan, Estimation with Applications to Tracking and Navigation: Theory Algorithms and Software, Wiley, New York, 2001.
19. Yang, N., W. Tian, and Z. Jin, "An interacting multiple model particle filter for maneuvering target location," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 17, 1307-1311, 2006.
20. Blom, H. A. P. and E. A. Bloem, "Exact Bayesian and particle filtering of stochastic hybrid system," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 43, No. 1, 55-70, 2007.
21. Li, X. R. and Y. Bar-Sharlom, "Design of an interacting multiple model algorithm for air traffic control tracking," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 1, No. 3, 186-194, 1993.
22. Li, X. R. and V. P. Jilkov, "Survey of maneuvering target tracking Part V: Multiple-model methods," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 41, No. 4, 1255-1321, 2005.
23. Li, X. R. and Y. Bar-Sharlom, "Multiple-model estimation with variable structure," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 41, No. 4, 1996.
24. Shi, Z. G., S. H. Hong, and K. S. Chen, "Tracking airborne targets hidden in blind Doppler using current statistical model particle filter," Progress In Electromagenetics Research, Vol. 82, 227-240, 2008.
25. Arulampalam, M. S., S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, "A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, 174-188, 2002.
26. Gordon, N. J., D. J. Salmond, and A. F. M. Smith, "Novel approach to nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian state estimation," IEE Proceedings-F, Vol. 140, No. 2, 107-113, 1993.
27. Hong, S. H., Z. G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Novel roughening algorithm and hardware architecture for bearings-only tracking using particle filter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 411-422, 2008.
28. Zang, W., Z. G. Shi, S. C. Du, and K. S. Chen, "Novel roughening method for reentry vehicle tracking using particle filter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1969-1981, 2007.
29. Gustafsson, F., F. Gunnarsson, N. Bergman, U. Forssell, J. Jansson, R. Karlsson, and R. J. Nordlund, "Particle filters for positioning, navigation, and tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, 425-437, 2002.
30. Boers, Y. and J. N. Driessen, "Interacting multiple model particle filter," IEE Proc. --- Radar Navig., Vol. 150, No. 5, 344-349, 2003.
31. Du, S. C., Z. G. Shi, W. Zang, and K. S. Chen, "Using interacting multiple model particle filter to track airborne targets hidden in blind Doppler," Journal of Zhejiang University --- Science A, Vol. 8, No. 8, 1277-1282, 2007.
32. Liu, J. S. and R. Chen, "Sequential Monte Carlo methods for dynamic systems," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 93, 1032-1044, 1998.
33. Shensa, M. J., "On uniqueness of Doppler tracking," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 70, No. 4, 1062-1064, 1981.
34. Passerieux, J. M., D. Pillon, P. Blanc-Benon, and C. Jauffret, "Target motion analysis with bearings and frequencies measurements," Signals, Systems and Computers, 1988. Twenty-Second Asilomar Conference, Vol. 1, 458-462, 1988.