This paper presents a new method to counter Anti Radiation Missiles (ARM) threats, which is effective against advanced ARM. By using random phase and amplitude active decoys in the specified optimum positions and network implementation we show that the ARM threats will be removed dramatically. Also, iterative methods are presented to cancel the internal interference effects in the proposed structure.
2. Lee, K.-C., C.-W. Huang, and M.-C. Fang, "Radar target recognition by projected features of frequency-diversity RCS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 121-133, 2008.
3. Qu, Y., G. S. Liao, S. Q. Zhu, X. Y. Liu, and H. Jiang, "Performance analysis of beamforming for MIMO radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 123-134, 2008.
4. Qu, Y., G. S. Liao, S. Q. Zhu, and X. Y. Liu, "Pattern synthesis of planar antenna array via convex optimization for airborne forward looking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 1-10, 2008.
5. Sabry, R. and P. W. Vachon, "Advanced polarimetric Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Electro-Optical (EO) data fusion through unified coherent formulation of the scattered EM field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 189-203, 2008.
6. Zang, W., Z. G. Shi, S. C. Du, and K. S. Chen, "Novel roughening method for reentry vehicle tracking using particle filter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1969-1981, 2007.
7. Mahanti, G. K., A. Chakraborty, and S. Das, "Design of fully digital controlled reconfigurable array antennas with fixed dynamic range ratio," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 1, 97-106, 2007.
8. Shi, Z. G., S. Qiao, and K. S. Chen, "Detection and localization of RF radar pulses in noise environments using wavelet packet transform and higher order statistics," Progress In Electromagnetics Researc, Vol. 58, 301-317, 2006.
9. Soliman, M. S., T. Morimoto, and Z. I. Kawasaki, "Three dimensional localization system for impulsive noise sources using ultra wideband digital interferometer technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 4, 515-530, 2006.
10. Singh, A. K., P. Kumar, T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. Bhooshan, "A novel digital beamformer with low angle resolution for vehicle tracking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006.
11. Li, N., "Radar ECCM’s new area: Anti-STEALTH and anti-ARM," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 31, No. 3, 1995.
12. Lian, W., "Discussion of radar anti anti-radiation missile technology — Alarming plus decoy system," International Radar Conference,CIE 2001, 2001.
13. Wang, F., R. He, and X. Sha, "Anti-ARMtec hnique: Feature analysis of ARM warning radar," International Radar Conference, CIE 2001, 2001.
14. Schindler, J. K., "Netted search radar system," U. S. Pat., No. 4347513, 1982.
15. Manoogian, D. V., B. H. Labitt, and J. R. Wood, "Transmitter peak power efficient pseudo-blink ARM decoy system," U. S. Pat., No. 4433333, 1984.
16. Atar, D., "Operation of a decoy against threats," U. S. Pat., No. 6833804, 2004.
17. Manoogian, D. V., "Missile decoy system," U. S. Pat., No. 4990919, 1991.
18. Rougas, J. A., "Anti-Radar Missile (ARM) countermeasure method," U. S. Pat., No. 6414622, 2002.
19. Skolnik, M. I., Introduction to Radar Systems, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2002.
20. Dunn, J. H. and D. D. Howard, "Radar target amplitude, angle, and Doppler scintillation from analysis of the echo signal propagation in space," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 6, No. 9, 715-728, 1968.
21. Kanter, I., "Varieties of average monopulse responses to multiple targets," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 17, No. 1, 25-28, 1981.
22. Kanter, I., "Multiple Gaussian targets: The track-on-jam problem," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 13, No. 6, 620-623, 1977.
23. Patel, P. and J. Holtzman, "Analysis of a simple successive interference cancellation scheme in a DS/CDMA system," IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., Vol. 12, No. 5, 796, 1994.
24. Elders-Boll, H., M. Herper, and A. Busboom, "Adaptive receivers for mobile DS-CDMA communication systems," Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Vol. 3, 1997.
25. Elders-Boll, H., A. Busboom, and H. D. Schotten, "Spreading sequences for zero-forcing DS-CDMA multiuser detectors," Proc. of 8th IEEE International Symposium, PIMRC'97, 1997.
26. Guo, D., L. K. Rasmussen, S. Sumei, T. J. Lim, and C. Cheah, "MMSE-based linear parallel interference cancellation in CDMA," Proc. of IEEE International Symposium Spread Spectrum Techniques and Appl., 1998.
27. Rasmussen, L. K., Y. Ma, D. Guo, and T. J. Lim, "Aspects on linear parallel interference cancellation in CDMA," Proc. of IEEE International Symposium Informormation Theory, 37, 1998.
28. Grant, A. and C. Schlegel, "Iterative implementation for linear multiuser detectors,", 1999.