Spectrum sharing between wireless systems becomes a critical issue due to emerging new technologies and spectrum shortage. Recently, IMT-Advanced system has been allocated in the same frequency band (3500 MHz) along with fixed services on co-primary basis, which means that harmful interference probability may be transpired. Channel bandwidths (BW) and natural of deployment areas of wireless systems are of the main effective factors in spectrum sharing. Spectrum Emission Mask (SEM) model will be used to study these factors effects beside the interference to noise ratio (I/N) as a fundamental criterion for coexistence and sharing between systems. The frequency and distance separation and antenna high effects are essential to be investigated to achieve spectrum sharing.
2. Panagopoulos, A. D., "Uplink co-channel and co-polar interference statistical distribution between adjacent broadband satellite networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 10, 177-189, 2008.
3. Mandeep, J. S. and J. E. Allnutt, "Rain attenuation predictions at Ku-band in south east Asia countries," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 65-74, 2007.
4. Bose, R., G. Bauer, and R. Jacoby, "Two-dimensional line of sight interference analysis of LMDS networks for the downlink and uplink," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 9, 2464-2473, 2004.
5. Panagopoulos, A. D., P.-D. M. Arapoglou, J. D. Kanellopoulos, and P. G. Cottis, "Intercell radio interference studies in broadband wireless access networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 56, 3-12, 2007.
6. Bose, R., "Improving capacity in LMDS networks using trellis coded modulation," EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. Networking, No. 2, 365-373, 2004.
7. Arapoglou, P.-D. M., A. D. Panagopoulos, J. D. Kanellopoulos, and P. G. Cottis, "Intercell radio interference studies in CDMA-based LMDS networks," IEEE Trans. Anten. & Propag., Vol. 53, No. 8, 2471-2479, 2005.
8. Jo, H.-S., H.-G. Yoon, J. Lim, W.-G. Chung, J.-G. Yook, and H.-K. Park, "The coexistence of OFDM-based systems beyond 3G with fixed service microwave system," Journal of Communications and Networks, Vol. 8, No. 2, 187-193, 2006.
9. CEPT ECC Report 100, Compatibility studies in the band 3400--3800MHz between Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) systems and other services, Bern, 2007.
10. Smura, T., "Competitive potential of WiMAX in the broadband access market: A techno-economic analysis," Proceedings of ITS 2005, 2005.
11. ITU-R P.452-12, "Prediction procedure for the evaluation of microwave interference between stations on the surface of the earth at frequencies above about 0.7 GHz,", 2005.
12. NTIA Report 05-432, "Interference protection criteria phase 1 --- Compilation from existing sources,", Oct. 2005. Available: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/reports/ntia05-432/ipc phase 1 report.pdf.
13. IEEE Std 802.16.2-2004, "IEEE recommended practice for local and metropolitan area networks coexistence of fixed broadband wireless access systems,", 2004.
14. ITU-R M. 2113, "Draft New Report on Sharing Studies in the 2500–2690MHz Band between IMT-2000 and Fixed Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) Systems Including Nomadic Applications in the Same Geographical Area,", 2007.