The knowledge of amplitude and location of sliding scattering centers is necessary for low detectable streamlined targets in many applications, such as precise estimation of shape or velocity of targets, and also target tracking and recognition. Based on the thorough analysis of scattering characteristics, the scattering center features of streamlined targets are presented which demonstrate the dependence of location and amplitude on the target orientation relative to the radar. Then based on these features, an accurate scattering center model for streamlined targets is proposed. The parameters of this model is estimated by genetic algorithm, and then the given model with estimated parameters is validated by full wave numerical method allowing precise backscattered data computation.
2. Fouda, A. E. and F. L. Teixeira, "Imaging and tracking of targets in clutter using differential time-reversal techniques," Waves in Random and Complex Media, Vol. 22, No. 1, 66-108, 2012.
3. Yavuz, M. E. and F. L. Teixeira, "Space-frequency ultrawideband time-reversal imaging," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 46, No. 4, 1115-1124, 2008.
4. Moustafa, K. and K. F. A. Hussein, "Performance evaluation of separated aperture sensor GPR system for land mine detection," Progress In Electromagnetics Resear, Vol. 72, 21-37, 2007.
5. Bourgeois, J. M. and G. S. Smith, "A complete electromagnetic simulation of the separated-aperture sensor for detecting buried landmines," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 10, 1419-1426, 1998.
6. Luo, Y., Q. Zhang, C. Qiu, X. Liang, and K. Li, "Micro-doppler effect analysis and feature extraction in ISAR imaging with stepped-frequency chirp signals," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 48, No. 4, 2087-2098, 2009.
7. Cheng, J., G. Gao, W. Ding, X. Ku, and J. Sun, "An improved scheme for parameter estimation of g0 distribution model in high-resolution SAR images," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 134, 23-46, 2013.
8. Zhou, J. X., Z. G. Shi, X. Cheng, and Q. Fu, "Automatic target recognition of sar images based on global scattering center model," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 49, No. 10, 3713-3729, Oct. 2011.
9. Zhai, Y., J. Li, J. Gan, and Z. Ying, "A multi-scale local phase quantization plus biomimetic pattern recognition method for SAR automatic target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 105-122, 2013.
10. Feng, Z., L. Ying, Z. Qun, F. Y. Qian, and B. Y. Qing, "ISAR imaging for avian species identification with frequency-stepped chirp signals," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 7, No. 1, 151-155, 2010.
11. Park, S.-H., J.-H. Lee, and K.-T. Kim, "Performance analysis of the scenario-based construction method for real target ISAR recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 137-151, 2012.
12. Zhang, X., J. Qin, and G. Li, "SAR target classification using Bayesian compressive sensing with scattering centers features," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 385-407, 2013.
13. Chung, L. C., I. J. Gupta, W. D. Burnside, and C. T. Chang, "A data compression technique for scattered fields from complex targets," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, 1245-1251, Aug. 1997.
14. L., D. Liu, W. Lin, and B. Guo, "Compressive sensing for multi-static scattering analysis," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 228, No. 9, May 2009.
15. Potter, L. C., E. Ertin, J. T. Parker, and M. Certin, "Sparsity and compressed sensing in radar imaging," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 98, No. 6, 1006-1020, 2010.
16. Potter, L. C., C. Da-Ming, R. Carriere, and M. J. Gerry, "A GTD-based parametric model for radar scattering," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 43, No. 10, 1058-1067, Oct. 1995.
17. Bhalla, R. and L. Hao, "Three-dimensional scattering center extraction using the shooting and bouncing ray technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 11, 1445-1453, Nov. 1996.
18. Potter, L. C. and R. L. Moses, "Attributed scattering centers for SAR ATR," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 6, No. 1, 79-91, Jan. 1997.
19. Gerry, M. J., L. C. Potter, I. J. Gupta, and A. van der Merwe, "A parametric model for synthetic aperture radar measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 7, 1179-1188, Jul. 1999.
20. Chiang, H.-C., R. L. Moses, and L. C. Potter, "Model-based classification of radar images," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 46, No. 5, 1842-1854, Aug. 2000.
21. Zhou, J. X., H. Z. Zhao, Z. G. Shi, and Q. Fu, "Global scattering center model extraction of radar targets based on wideband measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 7, 2051-2060, Jul. 2008.
22. Ma, L., J. Liu, T. Wang, Y. Z. Li, and X. S. Wang, "Micro-doppler characteristics of sliding scattering center on rotationally symmetric target," Science China Information, Vol. 41, No. 5, 606-616, 2011.
23. Sheng, X. Q., J. M. Jin, J. M. Song, C. C. Lu, and W. C. Chew, "On the formulation of the hybrid finite-element boundary-integral methods for 3D scattering," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, 303-311, 1998.
24. Sheng, X. Q., E. K.-N. Yung, C. H. Chan, J. M. Jin, and W. C. Chew, "Scattering from a large body with cracks and cavities by the fast and accurate finite-element boundary-integral method," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, 1153-1160, 2000.
25. Guo, K. Y. and X. Q. Sheng, "How to predict scattering and range profiles using complex targets with cavities," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 47, No. 1, 155-165, 2011.
26. Antonia, P. S., Applications in Time-Frequency Signal Processing, 1st Edition, 16-33, CRC Press, 2003.
27. , , Time-Frequency Toolbox, Jul. 2011, http://tftb.nongnu.org/.
28. Miller, E. K., "Model-based parameter estimation in electromagnetics-I: Background and theoretical development," Appl. Comput. Electromagn. Soc. J., 40-63, 1995.
29. Guo, K. Y. and X. Q. Sheng, "A precise recognition approach of ballistic missile warhead and decoy," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 14-15, 1867-1875, 2009.
30. Larose, D. T., Data Mining Methods and Models, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2006.
31. Qing, L., E. J. Rothwell, Y.-F. Chen, and D. P. Nyquist, "Scattering center analysis of radar targets using fitting scheme and genetic algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, 198-207, Feb. 1996.
32. Hughes, E. J. and M. Leyland, "Using multiple genetic algorithms to generate radar point-scatterer models," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 4, No. 2, 147-163, Jul. 2000.
33. , , , http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/matlab/ref/hist.html, acces-sed Mar. 2013.