In this paper, a method based on clonal selection algorithm (CLONALG) is proposed for null steering of linear antenna arrays by controlling only the positions of selected elements. The CLONALG is a relatively novel population-based evolutionary algorithm inspired by the clonal selection principle of the human immune system. In order to illustrate the accuracy and flexibility of the proposed algorithm, several numerical examples of Chebyshev pattern with the single and double nulls imposed at the directions of interference are given.
2. Mailloux, R. J., Phased Array Antenna Handbook, Artech House, Boston, 1994.
3. Liao, W. P. and F. L. Chu, "Array pattern nulling by phase and position perturbations with the use of the genetic algorithm," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 15, 251-256, 1997.
4. Karaboga, D., K. Guney, and A. Akdagli, "Antenna array pattern nulling by controlling both the amplitude and phase using modified touring ant colony optimization algorithm," Int. J. Electron., Vol. 91, 241-251, 2004.
5. Khodier, M. M. and C. G. Christodoulou, "Linear array geometry synthesis with minimum sidelobe level and null control using particle swarm optimization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, 2674-2679, 2005.
6. Yang, S., Y. B. Gan, and A. Qing, "Antenna-array pattern nulling using a differential evolution algorithm," Int. J. RF Microwave Computer Aided. Eng., Vol. 14, 57-63, 2004.
7. Hejres, J. A., "Null steering in phased arrays by controlling the positions of selected elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, 2891-2895, 2004.
8. De Castro, L. N. and F. J. Von Zuben, "Learning and optimization using the clonal selection principle," IEEE Trans. Evol. Comput., Vol. 6, 239-251, 2002.
9. Ada, G. L. and G. Nossal, "The clonal selection theory," Scientific American, Vol. 257, 50-57, 1987.
10. Campelo, F., F. G. Guimaraes, H. Igarashi, and J. A. Ramirez, "A clonal selection algorithm for optimization in electromagnetics," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol. 41, 1736-1739, 2005.
11. Babayigit, B., A. Akdagli, and K. Guney, "A clonal selection algorithm for null synthesizing of linear antenna arrays by amplitude control," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1007-1020, 2006.
12. Akdagli, A., K. Guney, and B. Babayigit, "Clonal selection algorithm for design of reconfigurable antenna array with discrete phase shifters," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 215-227, 2007.
13. Zhang, L., Y. Zhong, B. Huang, J. Gong, and P. Li, "Dimensionality reduction based on clonal selection for hyperspectral imagery," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 45, 4172-4186, 2007.
14. Dong, W., G. Shi, and L. Zhang, "Immune memory clonal selection algorithms for designing stack filters," Neurocomputing, Vol. 70, 777-784, 2007.
15. Das, S., B. Natarajan, D. Stevens, and P. Koduru, "Multi-objective and constrained optimization for DS-CDMA code design on the clonal selection principle," Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 8, 788-797, 2008.