The speedy dissemination of digital consumer electronics devices within personal area causes increments of multimedia communication and advent of entertainment networking. This feature of communication requires high data-rate transmission. In order to meet the demand, in this paper, we apply multiple antenna schemes to MB-OFDM UWB system. And to use the UWB system with multiple antennas for various channel environment, some adaptive MIMO schemes are considered for multiple antenna MB-OFDM system. The first investigated technique is adaptive antenna selection which selects the proper number of transmitting antennas using estimated SNR. And the second technique is adaptive modulation which can be used after the adaptive antenna selection is executed. By using these adaptive techniques, the reliable and high data-rate communications which are well adapted to the various user's demands and channel conditions are achieved.
2. Khani, H. and P. Azmi, "Performance analysis of a high data rate UWB-DTR system in dense multipath channels," Progress In Electromagneticss Research B, Vol. 5, 119-131, 2008.
3. Gao, G.-P., X.-X. Yang, and J.-S. Zhang, "A printed volcano smoke antenna for UWB and WLAN communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 55-61, 2008.
4. Foschini, G. J., "Layered space-time architecture for wireless communications in a fading environment when using multielement antennas ," Bell Labs Technical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, 41-59, 1996.
5. Baek, M.-S., H.-J. Kook, M.-J. Kim, Y.-H. You, and H.-K. Song, " Multi-antenna scheme for high capacity transmission in the digital audio broadcasting," IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, Vol. 51, No. 4, 551-559, Dec. 2005.
6. Baek, M.-S., M. Woo, J. H. Lim, Y.-H. You, and H.-K. Song, "SMLD: enhanced MIMO-signal detection for wireless MIMO communication receivers ," ETRI Journal, Vol. 29, No. 2, 240-242, April 2007.
7. Abouda, A. A. and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of mutual coupling on capacity of mimo wireless channels in high SNR scenario," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 27-40, 2006.
8. Abouda, A. A., H. M. El-Sallabi, and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of antenna array geometry and ula azimuthal orientation on MIMO channel properties in urban city street grid ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 278-257, 2006.
9. Fallahi, R. and M. Roshandel, "Effect of mutual coupling and configuration of concentric circular array antenna on the signalto-to-interference performance in CDMA systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 427-447, 2007.
10. Geyi, W., "Multi-antenna information theory ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 11-50, 2007.
11. Koo, B.-W., M.-S. Baek, and H.-K. Song, "Multiple antenna transmission technique for UWB system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 177-185, 2008.
12. Min, K.-S., M.-S. Kim, C.-K. Park, and M. D. Vu, "Design for PCS antenna based on WiBro MIMO," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 77-83, 2008.
13. Mori, A., Y. Watanabe, M. Tokuda, and K. Kawamoto, "The power line transmission characteristics for an OFDM signal," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 279-290, 2006.
14. Xue, W. and X.-W. Sun, "Multiple targets detection method based on binary hough transform and adaptive time-frequency filtering," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 309-317, 2007.
15. Turkmen, I. and K. Guney, "Tabu search tracker with adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system for multiple target tracking," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 169-185, 2006.
16. Raynal, A. M., J. T. Moore, and H. Ling, "Broadband scattering data interpolation based on a relaxed adaptive feature extraction algorighm ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 99-116, 2006.
17. Turkmen, M., S. Kaya, C. Yildiz, and K. Guney, "Adaptive neurofuzzy models for conventional coplanar waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 93-107, 2008.
18. Sarikaya, N., K. Guney, and C. Yildiz, "Adaptive neurofuzzy inference system for the computation of the characteristic impedance and the effective permittivity of the micro-coplanar strip line ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 225-237, 2008.
19. Torabi, M. and M. R. Soleymani, "Variable-rate OFDM systems with selective antenna diversity and adaptive modulation," Proc. VTC'03, Vol. 1, 562-566, April 2003.
20. Hanzo, L., C. H. Wong, and M. S. Yee, Adaptive Wireless Transceivers, Wiley, 2002.