Based upon developed radial FDTD-method, used for solution of Maxwell equations in cylindrical coordinates and implemented in Matlab-7.0 environment, we simulated focusing of the annular Gaussian beam with radial polarization by conical microaxicon with numerical aperture 0.60. It is shown that the area of focal spot (defined as area where intensity exceeds half of its maximum) can be 0.096λ2, and focal spot diameter equals to 0.35λ.
2. Stadler, J., C. Stanciu, C. Stupperich, and A. J. Meixner, "Tighter focusing with a parabolic mirror," Opt. Lett., Vol. 33, No. 7, 681-683, 2008.
3 . Davidson, N. and N. Bokor, "High-numerical-aperture focusing of radially polarized doughnut beams with a parabolic mirror and a flat diffractive lens," Opt. Lett., Vol. 29, No. 12, 1318-1320, 2004.
4. Prather, D. W. and S. Shi, "Formulation and application of the finite-difference time-domain method for the analysis of axially symmetric diffractive optical elements," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 16, No. 5, 1131-1142, 1999.
5. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 14, 302-307, 1966.
6. Berenger, J. P., "A perfectly matched layer for the absorption of electromagnetic waves ," Computational Physics, Vol. 114, 185-200, 1994.
7. Taflove A. and K. R. Umashankar, "The finite-difference timedomain method for numerical modeling of electromagnetic wave interaction with arbitrary structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 02, 287-373, 1990.
8. Chu, S. T. and S. K. Chandhuri, "Finite-difference timedomain method for optical waveguide analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 11, 255-300, 1995.
9. Kung, F. and H.-T. Chuah, "A finite-difference time-domain software for simulation of printed circuit board assembly," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 50, 299-335, 2005.
10. D'Orazio, A., V. De Palo, M. De Sairo, V. Petruzzelli, and F. Prudenzano, "Finite difference time domain modeling of light amplification in active photonic band gab," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 39, 299-339, 2003.
11. Zheng, G., A. A. Kishk, A. W. Glisson, and A. B. Yakovlev, "A novel implementation of modified Maxwell's equations in the periodic finite-difference time-domain method ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 85-100, 2006.
12. Ghaffar, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Focusing of electromagnetic plane wave into uniaxial crystal by a three dimensional plano convex lens ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 25-42, 2008.
13. Agastra, E., G. Bellaveglia, L. Lucci, R. Nesti, G. Pelosi, G. Ruggerini, and S. Selleri, "Genetic algorithm optimization of high-effficiency wide-bend multimodal square horns for discrete lenses," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 335-352, 2008.
14. Boutayeb, H., A.-C. Tarot, and H. Mahdjoubi, "Focusing characteristics of a metallic cylindrical electromagnetic band gab structure with defects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 89-103, 2006.
15. Dou, W. B., Z. L. Sun, and X. Q. Tan, "Fields in the focal space of symmetrical hyperbolic focusing lens ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 20, 213-226, 1998.
16. Matsushima, A., Y. Nakamura, and S. Tomino, "Application of integral equation method to metal-plate lens structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 245-262, 2005.
17. Minin, I. V., O.V. Minin, Y. R. Triandaphilov, and V. V. Kotlyar, "Subwavelength diffractive photonic crystal lens," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 257-264, 2008.
18. Srivastava, R., S. Srivastava, and S. P. Ojha, "Negative refraction by photonic crystal," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B , Vol. 2, 15-16, 2008.
19. Luan, P.-G. and K.-D. Chang, "Photonic-crystal lens computerusing negative refraction," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 1, 91-95, 2007.
20. Haxhe, S. and F. AbdelMalek, "Novel design of photonic crystal lens based on negative refractive index," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 2, 296-300, 2008.
21. Lu, Z.-Y., "Design method of the ring-focus antenna with a variable focal distance for forming an elliptical beam ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 73-80, 2008.
22. Sugiona, K., Y. Hanada, and K. Midorikawa, "3D microstructuring of glass by femtosecond laser direct writing and aoolication to biophotonic microchips ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 181-188, 2008.
23. Mohanty, S. K., K. S. Mohanty, and M. W. Berns, "Organization of microscale objects using a microfabricated optical fiber," Opt. Lett., Vol. 33, No. 18, 2155-2157, 2008.
24. Katchalov, A. P., "Gaussian beam for Maxwell equations on a manifold," Journal of Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 122, No. 5, 3485-3501, 2004.
25. Kalosha, V. P. and I. Golub, "Toward the subdiffraction focusing limit of optical superresolution," Opt. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 2, 3540-3542, 2007.