A novel wire antenna configuration is proposed to achieve a 90 degree azimuthal beamwidth in the VHF band. The antenna has been manufactured and the measurement results are presented.
2. Qu, Y., G. Liao, S.-Q. Zhu, and X.-Y. Liu, "Pattern synthesis of planar antenna array via convex optimization for airborne forward looking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 1-10, 2008.
3. Qu, Y., G. Liao, S.-Q. Zhu, X.-Y. Liu, and H. Jiang, "Performance analysis of beamforming for MIMO radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 123-134, 2008.
4. Singh, A. K., P. Kumar, T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. Bhooshan, "A novel digital beamformer with low angle resolution for vehicle tracking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006.
5. Hall, P. S., B. Chambers, and P. A. Mcinnes, "Calculation of the radiation pattern, gain and input impedance of a Yagi antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 11, No. 13, Jun. 26, 1975.
6. Rattan, M., M. S. Patterh, and B. S. Sohi, "Optimization of Yagi-uda antenna using simulated annealing," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2--3, 2008.
7. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, John Wiley and Sons, 1998.
8. Harrison, C. W., Radiation from vee antennas, Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 31, No. 7, Jul. 1943.
9. Montoya, T. P. and G. S. Smith, Resistively-loaded vee antennas for short-pulse ground penetrating radar, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3, 21-26, Jul. 1996.
10. Kim, K. and W. R. Scott, Investigation of resistive vee antennas for a multi-static ground-penetrating radarm, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2005.