In this article, designs and analyses of several CCPW (Cylindrical CPW) discontinuities have been realized as microwave reactive elements. The quasi-TEM characteristic parameters of CCPWs have been obtained by CMT (Conformal Mapping Techniques) which provide satisfactory accuracy at microwave frequencies and lead to closed-form analytical solutions suitable for CAD software packages. Then these discontinuities have been simulated in CST Microwave Studio 2006 in order to obtain inductance, capacitance and also input impedance versus frequency and physical dimensions of the elements. The results show that CCPW discontinuities can be used successfully as reactive elements for related applications.
2. Duyar, M., V. Akan, E. Yazgan, and M. Bayrak, "Analyses of elliptical coplanar coupled waveguides and coplanar coupled waveguides with finite ground width," IEEE Trans. Microwave Tech., Vol. 54, No. 4, 1388-1395, June 2006.
3. Akan, V. and E. Yazgan, "Quasistatic TEM characteristics of multilayer elliptical and cylindrical coplanar waveguides," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 4, 317-322, Aug. 2004.
4. Yazgan, E. and V. Akan, "Conformal mapping techniques," Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering, Vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
5. Karpuz, C., M. Duyar, and A. Gorur, "Analysis of cylindrical conductor-backed coplanar waveguides," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 2, 144-146, Oct. 2000.
6. Al-Zoubi, A. and N. Dib, "CAD model of gap in cylindrical coplanar waveguide," Electronics Letters, Vol. 35, No. 25, 1857-1858, Oct. 1999.
7. Beilenhoff, K., H. Klingbeil, W. Heinrich, and H. L. Hartnagel, "Open and short circuits in coplanar MMIC's," IEEE Trans. Microwave Tech., Vol. 41, No. 9, 1534-1537, Sep. 1993.
8. Simons, R. N. and G. E. Ponchak, "Modeling of some coplanar waveguide discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Microwave Tech., Vol. 36, No. 12, Dec. 1998.
9. Su, H.-C. and K.-L. Wong, "Quasistatic solutions of cylindrical coplanar waveguides," Microwave and Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 14, No. 16, 347-351, 1997.