In this paper, a novel multi-band EBG structure is presented. By making slots on Sievenpiper High Impedance Surface(HIS) to increase the inductance and capacitance, the resonant frequency of the EBG structure can be significantly reduced.Transmission line method is used to determine the band-gap of the EBG structure.The simulated and experimental results show that the novel EBG structure can provide multiple band-gap. This proposed EBG can be usefully applied to multiple frequency antennas and low profile antennas.
2. Fu, Y. Q., Q. R. Zheng, Q. Gao, and G. H. Zhang, "Mutual coupling reduction between large antenna arrays using electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 819-825, 2006.
3. Tse, S., B. S. Izquierdo, J. C. Batchelor, and R. J. Langley, "Reduced sized cells for electromagnetic bandgap structures," Electronics Letters, Vol. 39, No. 24, 1699-1701, Nov. 27, 2003.
4. Folayan, O. and R. J. Langley, "Wideband reduced size electromagnetic bandgap structure," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 20, 1099-1100, Sep. 29, 2005.
5. Zheng, Q.-R., B.-Q. Lin, Y.-Q. Fu, and N.-C. Yuan, "Characteristics and applications of a novel compact spiral electromagnetic band-gap (EBG) structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 2, 199-213, 2007.
6. Yu, C.-C., M.-H. Haung, Y.-T. Chang, L.-K. Lin, and T.-H. Weng, "A novel Electromagnetic Bandgap (EBG) structure for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) application," PIERS Proceedings, 581-584, Beijing, China, Mar. 23-27, 2009.
7. Remski, R., "Analysis of PBG surfaces using Ansoft HFSS," Microwave J., Vol. 43, 190-198, 2000.
8. Sievenpiper, D. F., "High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces,", Ph.D. dissertation at University of California, Los Angeles, 1999.