A novel Yagi-Uda antenna with dual-band (915-935MHz and 1760-1805MHz) is presented. Branch structures are used to realize dual-band performance. The geometrical parameters for the branch structures are optimized to explore the antenna to operate satisfactorily in the two bands. Prototype is manufactured and measured, and the results are in good agreement with the simulated ones. In the two operating bands, the proposed antenna achieves directional radiation and the performances that VSWR<2, gain 5-6.6 dBi and front-to-back ratio 6-9.1dB, making it suitable for the non-fixed base station backhaul in wireless communications.
2. Bayderkhani, R. and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband and low sidelobe linear series FED Yagi-like antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 17, 153-167, 2009.
3. Bemani, M. and S. Nikmehr, "A novel wide-band microstrip Yagi-Uda array antenna for WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 16, 389-406, 2009.
4. Zhao, S.-C., B.-Z. Wang, and W. Shao, "Reconfigurable Yagi-Uda substrate for RCS reduction of patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 11, 173-187, 2009.
5. Zhang, X. C., J. Liang, and J. W. Xie, "The Quasi-Yagi antenna subarray FED by an orthogonal T junction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 109-112, 2008.
6. Kramer, O., T. Djerafi, and K. Wu, "Vertically multilayer-stacked Yagi antenna with single and dual polarizations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 4, 1022-1030, Apr. 2010.
7. Misra, I. S., R. S. Chakrabarty, and B. B. Mangaraj, "Design, analysis and optimization of V-dipole and its three-element Yagi-Uda array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 137-156, 2006.
8. Brianeze, J. R., "Tridimensional Yagi antenna," 2009 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & Optoelec-tronics Conference (IMOC 2009), 432-436, 2009.
9. DeJean, G. R. and M. M. Tentzeris, "A new high-gain microstrip Yagi array antenna with a high front-to-back (F/B) ratio for WLAN and millimeter-wave applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, 298-304, Feb. 2007.
10. Chen, H. D., "Compact broadband microstrip-line-fed sleeve monopole antenna for DTV application and ground plane effect," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 497-500, 2008.
11. Phillip, R. G., B. Schoenlinner, and G. M. Rebeiz, "A 24 GHz high-gain Yagi-Uda antenna array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 5, 1257-1261, May 2004.
12. Huang, J., "Planar microstrip Yagi array antenna," Proc. IEEE-APS Symp., Vol. 2, 894-897, Jun. 1989.
13. Densmore, A. and J. Huang, "Microstrip Yagi antenna for mobile satellite service," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Int. Symp., Vol. 2, 616-619, Jun. 1991.
14. Huang, J. and A. Densmore, "Microstrip Yagi antenna for mobile satellite vehicle application," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 39, No. 7, 1024-1030, Jul. 1991.
15. Kim, D.-Z., S.-Y. Park, and W.-S. Jeong, "A small and slim printed Yagi antenna for mobile applications," Microwave Conference, APMC 2008, 2008.
16. Padhi, S. K. and M. Bialkowski, "Investigations of an aperture coupled microstrip Yagi antenna using PBG structure," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Int. Symp., Vol. 3, 752-755, Jun. 2002.
17. Kaneda, N., W. R. Deal, Y. Qian, R. Waterhouse, and T. Itoh, "A broad-band planar Quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 50, No. 8, 1158-1160, Aug. 2002.
18. Lin, C. L., Antenna Engineering Handbook, 178-182, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, China, 2002.
19. Zhou, C. D., Y. K. Wang, and L. M. Zhou, Theory and Engineer of Wire Antenna, 112-119 and 251-255, Xidian University, Xi'an, China, 1988.
20. Price, K., New Ideas in Optimization, 77-106, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, 1999.
21. Storn, R., "Differential evolution, a simple and efficient heuristic strategy for global optimization over continuous spaces," Journal of Global Optimization, Vol. 11, 341-359, Dordrecht, 1997.
22. Babu, B. V. and M. M. L. Jehan, "Differential evolution for multi-objective optimization," The 2003 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2003. CEC'03, Vol. 4, 2696-2703, 2003.
23. Panduro, M. A., C. A. Brizuela, L. I. Balderas, and D. A. Acosta, "A comparison of genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimization and the differential evolution method for the design of scannable circular antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 13, 171-186, 2009.
24. Burke, G. J. and A. J. Poggio, "Numerical electromagnetics code (NEC)-Method of moments,", Rep. UCID18834, Lawrence Livermore Lab., CA, Jan. 1981.
25. Kraus, J. D. and R. J. Marhefka, Antennas: For All Applications, 3 Ed., 803-825, MxGraw-Hill Companies, Inc, 2002.