In this paper, a circular slot antenna fed by an offset microstrip-fed line is proposed. The antenna exhibit dual-band characteristics. The two operating frequency bands are: 1.83--2.73 GHz and 5.36--7.63 GHz, which are of impedance bandwidth 39.5% and 34.9% respectively. The bands are suitable for PCS, UMTS, IMT-2000, ISM, Bluetooth, RFID and WLAN applications. A parametric study has been carried out by varying the location of the feedline to investigate its effect on the resonant frequency. Impedance, radiation and gain characteristics of the proposed antenna are also presented and discussed.
2. Sze, J.-Y. and K.-L. Wong, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide slot antenna fed by a microstripline with a fork-like tuning stub," Proc. International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Fukuoka, Japan, August 21-25, 2000.
3. Jan, J.-Y. and J.-W. Su, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 6, 2111-2114, June 2005.
4. Jan, J.-Y. and J.-C. Kao, "Novel printed wide-band rhombus-like slot antenna with an offset microstrip-fed line," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 249-251, 2007.
5. Li, P., J. Liang, and X. Chen, "Study of printed elliptical/circular slot antennas for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 6, 1670-1675, June 2006.
6. Kharakhili, F. G., M. Fardis, G. Dadashzadeh, A. K. A. Ahmadi, and N. Hojjat, "Circular slot with a novel circular mircostrip open ended microstrip feed for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 161-167, 2007.
7. Yoshimura, Y., "A microstrip slot antenna," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 760-762, November 1972.
8. Sadat, S., M. Fardis, F. G. Geran, and G. Dadashzadeh, "A compact microstrip square-ring slot antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 173-179, 2007.
9. Jiao, J.-J., G. Zhao, F.-S. Zhang, H.-W. Yuan, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A broadband CPW-FED T-shape slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 237-242, 2007.
10. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Dual-wideband square slot antenna with a U-shaped printed tuning stub for personal wireless communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 319-333, 2005.
11. Lee, Y.-C. and J.-S. Sun, "Compact printed slot antennas for wireless dual- and multi-band operations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 289-305, 2008.