A novel S-band monopulse antenna with four conical helix antennas on a microstrip substrate comparator is designed, fabricated and measured. Conical helix antenna height is 3λ, and comparator size is 130mm×150mm. The bandwidth (SWR <2 dB) of the antenna is 21.3% with an operating frequency range of 2.7 GHz-3.35 GHz. The maximum gain of the sum pattern is 17.4 dB, and the null depths of the difference pattern are less than -30 dB.
2. Jackson, C. M., "Low cost K-band microstrip patch monopulse antenna," Microwave J., Vol. 30, No. 7, 125-126, 1987.
3. Andrews, B. J., T. S. Moore, and A. Y. Niazi, "Millimeter wave microstrip antenna for dual polar and monopulse applications," 3rd Int. Conf. Antennas and Propagation, ICAP 83, Apr. 12-15, 1983.
4. Sierra-Castaner, M., M. Sierra-Perez, M. Vera-Isasa, and J. L. Fernandez-Jambrina, "Low-cost monopulse radial line slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 2, 256-262, 2003.
5. Cheng, Y. J., W. Hong, and K. Wu, "Design of a monopulse antenna using a dual V-type linearly tapered slot antenna (DVLTSA)," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2903-2909, 2008.
6. Lipman, D. and Y. Harlev, "A low sidelobes helix radiator for an high power tracking antenna system," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1989.
7. Kolosowski, W., E. Sedek, A. Jeziorski, and P. Lukawski, "Dielectric substrate monopulse antenna," Microwaves, Radar & Wireless Communications, May 22-24, 2006.
8. Wang, B., D. G. Fang, and X. G. Chen, "A compact single layer monopulse microstrip antenna array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 2, 503-509, 2006.