Spacial coaxial resonator plays an important role in spacial system. However, its multipactor effect has not been reported so far. This paper presents a novel type of coaxial resonator structure with low multipactor risk. Compared with conventional coaxial resonator structures, the proposed structure improves the multipactor threshold of filters nearly 3 dB. Experimental results and 3D full-wave analysis show good accordance with the predicted characteristics.
2. Kudsia, C., R. Cameron, and W.-C. Tang, "Innovations in microwave filters and multiplexing networks for communication satellite systems," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 40, 1133-1149, Jun. 1992.
3. Yu, M. and A. Atia, "Workshop WMH: Filter II: Practical aspects of microwave filter design and realization," Proceedings of IEEE International Microwave Symposium, Honolulu, Hawaii, Jun. 2007.
4. Yu, M., "Power-handing capability for RF filters," Microwave Magazines, Vol. 8, 88-97, Oct. 2007.
5., Space Engineering: Multipacting Design and Test, Vol. ECSS-20-01A, ESA-ESTEC, Editor, ESA Publication Division, The Netherlands, May 2003.
6. Anza, S., C. Vicente, D. Raboso, J. Gil, B. Gimeno, and V. E. Boria, "Enhanced prediction of multipaction breakdown in passive waveguide components including space charge effects," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1095-1098, Jun. 2008.
7. Yun, S. H., M. S. Uhm, and I. B. Yom, "Design of the multipaction free high power Ka-band diplexer with an E-plane T-junction," Asia-Pacific Communications, 582-585, 2005.
8. Pereira, F. Q., V. Boria, B. Gimeno, D. C. Rebenaque, J. P. Garcia, A. A. Melcon, J. H. Gonzalez, D. Schmitt, D. Raboso, C. Ernst, and I. H. Carpintero, "Investigation of multipaction phenomena in passive waveguide filters for space applications," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 246-249, 2006.
9. Tienda, C., A. M. Perez, C. Vicente, A. Coves, G. Torregrosa, J. F. Sanchez, R. Barco, B. Gimeno, and V. E. Boria, "Multipactor analysis in coaxial waveguides," Proc. 13th IEEE Melecon, 195-198, Malaga, Spain, 2006.
10. Perez, A., et al., "Prediction of multipactor breakdown thresholds in coaxial transmission lines for travelling, standing, and mixed waves," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 37, No. 10, 2031-2040, Oct. 2009.