An unequal power divider which features quasi-arbitrary output phase difference is proposed in this paper. The circuit consists of four microstrip lines and a resister. By the even- and odd-mode analysis technique, the closed-form design equations of this structure are derived. The characteristic impedances, electrical length and bandwidth variations with power division ratio and phase difference are analyzed. For proving its validity, a prototype with this proposed structure is designed and implemented at 1 GHz. The results of simulation and measurement show that the pro-posed power divider can effectively produce two outputs with controllable power division and phase difference.
2. Miao, C., X. Zheng, J. Yang, and W. Wu, "A symmetrical outputs uniplanar out-of-phase power divider without phase shifter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 48, 95-101, 2014.
3. Chen, H., T. Zhang, W. Che, W. Feng, and Q. Xue, "Unequal Wilkinson power divider with wide range of arbitrary power division based on recombinant technology," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 9, No. 2, 166-175, 2015.
4. Yin, K., "Millimeter wave power-combined amplifier using travelling-wave power divider-combiner," 2015 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), 1-3, Nanjing, China, 2015.
5. Choi, S. and J. Choi, "Dual-polarised antenna using unbalanced power dividers for small-cell base stations," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 6, 419-421, 2016.
6. Mao, S.-G. and Y.-Z. Chueh, "Broadband composite right/left-handed coplanar waveguide power splitters with arbitrary phase responses and balun and antenna applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 1, 243-250, 2006.
7. Deng, P.-H., J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New Wilkinson power dividers based on compact stepped-impedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012.
8. Zhang, H., X.-W. Shi, F. Wei, and L. Xu, "Compact wideband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power division based on patch type structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 395-406, 2011.
9. Li, B., X. Wu, N. Yang, and W. Wu, "Dual-band equal/unequal Wilkinson power dividers based on coupled-line section with short-circuited stub," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 163-178, 2011.
10. Hayashi, H., H. Okazaki, A. Kanda, T. Hirota, and M. Muraguchi, "Millimeter-wave-band amplifier and mixer MMICs using a broad-band 45◦ power divider/combiner," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 46, No. 6, 811-819, 1998.
11. Morimoto, K., J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Design of a 180-degree single-layer divider to control sidelobe and crossover levels in butler-matrix beam-switching antenna," 2007 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC 2007), 1-4, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007.
12. Kao, J. C., Y.-H. Hsiao, K.-S. Yeh, C.-C. Chiong, Y.-H. Lin, K.-Y. Lin, and H. Wang, "A 25-to-45-GHz 45◦ power divider," 2013 European Microwave Conference (EuMC), 959-962, Nuremberg, Germany, 2013.
13. Shi, J. and K. Xu, "Compact differential power divider with enhanced bandwidth and in-phase or out-of-phase output ports," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 17, 1209-1211, 2014.
14. Song, K., Y. Mo, Q. Xue, and Y. Fan, "Wideband four-way out-of-phase slotline power dividers," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 7, 3598-3606, 2014.
15. Ahmed, U. T. and A. M. Abbosh, "Wideband out-of-phase power divider using tightly coupled lines and microstrip to slotline transitions," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 2, 126-128, 2016.