A novel wideband dual-polarized antenna is presented for 2G/3G/LTE base-station applications. The proposed antenna consists of two orthogonal modified bowtie dipoles, parasitic elements and a cavity. By using parasitic elements and compact cavity, the antenna achieves a wide impedance bandwidth about 77.3% (VSWR<1.5) for both ports. Both simulated and measured results show that the proposed antenna has a port isolation higher than 31 dB and high gain (>8.5 dBi) over the entire operating band. Moreover, good cross-polarization (>25 dB) performance and a front-to-back ratio better than 20 dB are also verified by measured results.
2. Ryu, K.-S. and A.-A. Kishk, "Wideband dual-polarized microstrip patch excited by hook shaped probes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 12, 3645-3649, Dec. 2008.
3. Gou, Y. S., S. W. Yang, Q. J. Zhu, and Z. P. Nie, "A Compact dual-polarized double-shaped patch antenna with high isolation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 12, 4349-4353, Aug. 2013.
4. Jiang, X. L., Z. J. Zhang, Y. Li, and Z. H. Feng, "A wideband dual-polarized slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1010-1013, 2013.
5. Soliman, E. A., M. S. Ibrahim, and A. K. Abdelmageed, "Dual-polarized omnidirectional planar slot antenna for WLAN applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 9, 3093-3097, Sep. 2005.
6. Tan, M. T. and B. Z.Wang, "A compact dual-band dual-polarized loop-slot planar antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1742-1745, 2015.
7. Su, D., J. J. Qian, H. Yang, and D. Fu, "A novel broadband polarization diversity antenna using a cross-pair of folded dipoles," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 433-435, 2005.
8. Li, B., Y. Z. Yin, W. Hu, Y. Ding, and Y. Zhao, "Wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 427-430, 2012.
9. Lian, R. N., Z. D. Wang, Y. Z. Yin, J. J. Wu, and X. Y. Song, "Design of a low-profile dual-polarized stepped slot antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 362-365, 2016.
10. Suh, S.-Y., W. L. Stutzman, W. A. Davis, A. Waltho, K. Skeba, and J. Schiffer, "A novel low-profile, dual-polarization, multi-band base-station antenna element — The fourpoint antenna," Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. Fall, 225-229, Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sep. 2004.