A dual-band microstrip distributed multiplier with two multiplication factors based on the extended composite right- and left-handed (E-CRLH) transmission lines (TLs) is presented. Dual-band operation for distributed multiplier is achieved by three cells, and each cell consists of a transistor, microstrip TL and E-CRLH transmission line. The distributed multiplier exhibits two multiplication factors in two different frequencies: one multiplication factor in reverse direction and the other multiplication factor in forward direction. The excellent agreement between proposed technique and measurement results confirms the accuracy and efficiency of the method.
2. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
3. Eleftheriades, G. V., "Design of generalized negative-refractive-index transmission lines for quad-band applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 8, 977-981, 2010.
4. Keshavarz, R., A. Mohammadi, and A. Abdipour, "A quad-band distributed amplifier with ECRLH transmission line," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 12, 4188-4194, 2013.
5. Klymyshyn, D. and Z. Ma, "Active frequency-multiplier design using CAD," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 4, 2003.
6. Sabah, C., F. Urbani, and S. Uckun, "Bloch impedance analysis for a left handed transmission line," Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 63, No. 5, 310-315, 2012.
7. Seo, S., Y. Jeong, J. Lim, and B. Gray, "A novel design of frequency tripler using composite right/left handed transmission line," IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, 2007.
8. Huang, J., et al., "Design and fabrication of frequency multiplier based on composite right/left-handed nonlinear transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 10, 2486-2493, 2011.
9. Jung, Y., H. Kim, and Y. Kim, "Frequency multiplier using diplexer based on composite right/left-handed transmission line," Microwave Conference Proceedings (APMC), 2010.