A novel UWB antenna with adjustable rejection bandwidth is proposed and fabricated. The proposed antenna consists of a monopole and a novel dual-T square resonator. The results demonstrate that a wide rejection bandwidth from 10.4 to 11.5 GHz can be achieved, and the rejection bandwidth can be adjusted by transforming the dimensions of dual-T square resonator. Moreover, reflection coefficient curve with two poles at one rejected bandwidth is also obtained which is induced by the proposed novel square resonator. In addition, to explain the mechanism of adjustable rejection bandwidth, the analysis of parametric study and electric field distributions of the design are given. The total volume of the antenna is 27 mm×19 mm×1 mm. Compared to other recent works, a simpler structure, wider rejection bandwidth and more compact size are the key features of the proposed antenna. Owing to its adjustable bandwidth and simple structure, the proposed antenna can be used in UWB communications applications to suppress the radio-frequency interference.
2. Lin, Y.-F., J.-G. Liang, G.-C. Wu, Z.-Y. Xu, and X.-B. Niu, "A novel UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Frequenz, Vol. 69, 479-483, 2015.
3. Wang, Z. and C. Zhang, "A planar UWB antenna with triple-notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 99-104, 2015.
4. Lin, C.-C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, 2012.
5. Choi, H.-S., K. Choi, and H. Hwang, "Band-rejected UWB antenna based on two-pole band-stop filter," Microwave And Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, 406-409, 2016.
6. Chuang, C.-T., T.-J. Lin, and S.-J. Chung, "A band-notched UWB monopole antenna with high notch-band-edge selectivity," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, 4492-4498, 2012.
7. Wang, P., G.-J. Wen, Y.-J. Huang, and Y.-H. Sun, "Compact meander T-shaped monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 23, 67-73, 2013.
8. Choi, H.-S., T.-W. Kim, H.-Y. Hwang, and K. Choi, "An UWB antenna design with adjustable second rejection band using a SIR," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, 479-483, 2014.
9. Mishra, G. and S. Sahu, "Compact circular patch UWB antenna with WLAN band notch characteristics," Microwave And Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, 1068-1073, 2016.
10. Li, C.-M. and L.-H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
11. Xu, J., D.-Y. Shen, J.-F. Zheng, X.-P. Zhang, and K. Wu, "A novel miniaturized UWB antenna with four band-notches," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, 1202-1206, 2013.
12. Ghatak, R., B. Biswas, A. Karmakar, and D. R. Poddar, "A circular fractal UWB antenna based on descartes circle theorem with band rejection capability," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 37, 235-248, 2013.
13. Wu, C.-M. and Y.-H. Liu, "An ultra-wideband twin-patch monopole antenna with band-rejection characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 53, 77-82, 2015.
14. Ojaroudi, N., N. Ghadimi, and Y. Ojaroudi, "Compact multi-resonance monopole antenna with dual band-stop property for UWB wireless communications," Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 81, 563-579, 2015.
15. Li, T., C. Zhu, X. Cao, and J. Gao, "Bandwidth enhancement of compact monopole antenna with triple band rejections," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, 8-10, 2016.
16. Rajeshkumar, V. and S. Raghavan, "Bandwidth enhanced compact fractal antenna for UWB applications with 5-6 GHz band rejection," Microwave And Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 607-613, 2015.