The existing target localization algorithms almost cannot be used to near-field target localization in Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) radar, and this paper presents a novel method. This algorithm uses Chan algorithm to obtain initial estimate of the targets. Then we define a new residual matrix and use the weighted least square (WLS) method to get a more accurate positioning result. The Fuzzy C-Means (FCM)algorithm is introduced to get more stable and accurate estimation. Furthermore, this algorithm achieves accurate positioning of the MIMO radar demonstrated by simulations.
2. Godrich, H., A. M. Haimovich, and R. S. Blum, "A comparative study of target localization in MIMO radar systems," Waveform Diversity and Design Conference, 124-128, Kissimmee, FL, United States, February 8-13, 2009.
3. Fishler, E., A. Haimovich, R. Blum, D. Chizhik, L. Cimini, and R. Valenzuela, "MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come," Proceedings of the IEEE Radar Conference, 71-78, Philadelphia, PA, United States, April 26-29, 2004.
4. Lehmann, N. H., A. M. Haimovich, R. S. Blum, and L. Cimini, "High resolution capabilities of MIMO radar," 40th Asilomar Conf. Signals, Systems and Computers, 25-30, Pacific Grove, CA, United States, October 29-November 1, 2006.
5. Cekli, E. and H. A. Cirpan, "Unconditional maximum likelihood approach for localization of near-field sources: Algorithm and performance analysis," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 57, No. 1, 9-15, 2003.
6. Zhang, X., L. Xu, and D. Xu, "Direction of Departure (DOD) and Direction of Arrival (DOA) estimation in MIMO radar with reduced-dimension MUSIC," IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 10, 1161-1163, 2010.
7. Chen, J., G. Liu, and X. Sun, "Passive localization of 3D near-field cyclostationary sources using parallel factor analysis," International Journal of Antennas & Propagation, 2013 (Article ID 657653), 2013.
8. Liang, J. and D. Liu, "Passive localization of mixed near-field and far-field sources using two-stage MUSIC algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 58, No. 1, 108-120, 2010.
9. Meng, Y., J. Xu, Y. Huang, and J. He, "Key factors of multi-station TDOA passive location study," International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, 220-223, 2015.
10. Zhang, J.-W., C.-L., Yu, B. Tang, and Y.-Y. Ji, "Chan location algorithm application in 3-dimension space location," 2008 ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management, 622-625, 2008.
11. Zhang, C. and Y. Gu, "Cluster analysis based and threshold based selection localization algorithm for WSN," International Conference on Electronics Information and Emergency Communication, 186-189, 2015.
12. Wang, H. and H. Guo, "Hyperbolic localization method for MIMO radar," International Radar Symposium (IRS), 880-885, 2011.
13. Yang, H. and J. Chun, "Hyperbolic localization in MIMO radar system," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 618-621, 2015.
14. Feng, J., L. C. Jiao, X. Zhang, M. Gong, and T. Sun, "Robust non-local fuzzy c-means algorithm with edge preservation for SAR image segmentation," Signal Processing, 487-499, 2013.