The removal of ground surface influence from ground penetrating radar (GPR) signals in shallowly-buried objects is of great importance. The ultra-wideband (UWB) radar is a solution which uses short pulse to distinguish ground surface from shallowly-buried objects. In this paper, a novel method optimizes bandwidth based on designing a Gaussian signal. Experimental results confirm the proposed method efficiency.
2. Solimene, R., A. Cuccaro, A. Dell’Aversano, I. Catapano, and F. Soldovieri, "Ground clutter removal in GPR surveys," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, Vol. 7, No. 3, 792-798, 2014.
3. Ho, K. C., P. D. Gader, J. N. Wilson, W. Lee, and T. C. Glenn, "Landmine detection using frequency domain features from GPR measurements and their fusion with time domain features," Proc. SPIE, Vol. 5794, 1141-1150, 2005.
4. Montoya, T. P. and G. S. Smith, "Land mine detection using a ground-penetrating radar based on resistively loaded Vee dipoles," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 12, 1795-1806, 1999.
5. Warren, C. and A. Giannopoulos, "Experimental and modeled performance of a ground penetrating radar antenna in lossy dielectrics," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, Vol. 9, No. 1, 29-36, 2016.
6. McMichael, I. T., E. C. Nallon, V. P. Schnee, W. R. Scott, and M. S. Mirotznik, "EBG antenna for GPR colocated with a metal detector for landmine detection," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 10, No. 6, 1329-1333, 2013.
7. Haraz, O. and A.-R. Sebak, "UWB antennas for wireless applications," INTECH Open Sience, 2013.
8. Zhou, L., C. Huang, and Y. Su, "A fast back-projection algorithm based on cross correlation for GPR imaging," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 9, No. 2, 228-232, 2012.
9. Counts, T., A. C. Gurbuz, W. R. Scott, J. H. McClellan, and K. Kim, "Multistatic groundpenetrating radar experiments," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 45, No. 8, 2544-2553, 2007.