A dual-band dual-polarized dipole antenna with an artificial magnetic conductor (AMC) reflector is proposed, which can be applied in 5G base stations. The antenna consists of a pair of ±45° crossed dipoles and a wideband AMC reflector. By adopting arrow-shaped dipoles and introducing slots, dual-band characteristic is achieved. The AMC is designed to operate with 90° reflection-phase bandwidth of 2.1-3.9 GHz (30%). Compared with using traditional reflector, the profile height can be reduced from 0.25λ0 to 0.11λ0 (where λ0 is the free-space wavelength at 2.6 GHz). The measurement results show that the impedance bandwidth with |S11| < -14 dB is about 15.5% (2.44-2.85 GHz) and 18.6% (3.17-3.82 GHz), covering the Sub-6 GHz bands. The average gain is 8.5 dBi in the lower band and 8.2 dBi in the upper band. At 2.6 GHz and 3.45 GHz, the half-power beamwidth of the antenna is 77° and 80°, respectively. In the two bands, the port isolation of the antenna is more than 28 dB, and the cross-polarization level is less than -20 dB.
2. Ciydem, M. and E. A. Miran, "Dual-polarization wideband sub-6 GHz suspended patch antenna for 5G base station," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 7, 1142-1146, 2020.
3. Wen, S., Y. Xu, and Y. Dong, "A low-profile dual-polarized omnidirectional antenna for LTE base station applications," IEEE Transac. Antennas Propag., Vol. 69, No. 9, 5974-5979, 2021.
4. Lian, R., et al., "Design of a low-profile dual-polarized stepped slot antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 362-365, 2016.
5. Liu, Y.-Y. and Z.-H. Tu, "Differential enhanced broadband dual-polarized printed dipole antenna for base stations," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, 2864-2868, 2016.
6. Ye, L. H., et al., "Wideband dual-polarized four-folded-dipole antenna array with stable radiation pattern for base-station applications," IEEE Transac. Antennas Propag., Vol. 68, No. 6, 4428-4436, 2020.
7. Martin-Anton, S. and D. Segovia-Vargas, "Fully planar dual-polarized broadband antenna for 3G, 4G and sub 6-GHz 5G base stations," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 91940-91947, 2020.
8. Cui, G. F., et al., "Design of a dual-polarized wideband antenna for 2G/3G/4G mobile communication base station application," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 6, 1329-1332, 2016.
9. Zhu, C., et al., "Dual-wideband dual-polarised magnetoelectric dipole antenna for 4G/5G microcell base station," Electron Lett., Vol. 56, No. 6, 269-271, 2020.
10. Liu, Y., et al., "A compact dual-band dual-polarized antenna with filtering structures for sub-6 GHz base station applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 10, 1764-1768, 2018.
11. Chu, Q. X., Y. L. Chang, and J. P. Li, "Crisscross-shaped ±45° dual-polarized antenna with enhanced bandwidth for base stations," IEEE Transac. Antennas Propag., Vol. 69, No. 4, 2341-2346, 2021.
12. Li, Y., et al., "Differentially-fed, wideband dual-polarized filtering antenna with novel feeding structure for 5G sub-6 GHz base station applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 184718-184725, 2019.
13. Li, Z., et al., "Dual-band dual-polarized base station antenna with a notch band for 2/3/4/5G communication systems," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 12, 2462-2466, 2020.
14. Li, M., et al., "Dual-polarized broadband base station antenna backed with dielectric cavity for 5G communications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 10, 2051-2055, 2019.
15. Zhai, H., et al., "A low-profile dual-band dual-polarized antenna with an AMC surface for WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 2692-2695, 2017.
16. Lin, J., et al., "A low-profile dual-band dual-mode and dual-polarized antenna based on AMC," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 2473-2476, 2017.
17. Liu, Q., et al., "A low-profile dual-band dual-polarized antenna with an AMC re ector for 5G communications," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 24072-24080, 2020.
18. Li, M., et al., "A low-profile dual-polarized dipole antenna using wideband AMC reflector," IEEE Transac. Antennas Propag., Vol. 66, No. 5, 2610-2615, 2018.