With the recent advent on communication and satellite industry, there is a great need for efficient Reflector antennas systems, therefore more powerful techniques are requested for analysis and design of new reflector antennas in a quick and accurate manner. This work aim first to introduce wavelet-based moment method in 3D, as a recent and powerful numerical technique, which can be applied on a large reflector antennas, also the physical optics (PO) analysis technique is well known among the designers as an asymptotic method quick and powerful, ideally to predict far field and near field pattern, may be combined with the wavelet-based moment method therefore computing time and memory space can be saved, in this issue knowing the limit of use of this asymptotic technique is worth well.
2. Balanis, C. A., Antennas Theory, Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1997.
3. Bibi, S. and N. Faisal, "Analysis side lobe reflector antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propagat., Vol. 15, No. 6, 383-388, March 2006.
4. Pan, G. W., Wavelet in Electromagnetics and Device Modeling, John Wiley & Sons Publication, 2001.
5. Tap, K. and P. H. Pathak, "A fast hybrid asymptotic and numerical physical optics analysis ofv ery large scanning cylindrical reflectors with stacked linear array feeds," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propagat., Vol. 54, No. 4, 212-218, Apr. 2006.
6. Anyutia, A. P. and A. G. Kyurkchan, "Application ofthe wavelets in 2D and 3D scattering for radiation problems," IEEE Trans. Antennas & propagat., Vol. 15, No. 25, 452-457, Nov. 2003.
7. Moumen, A. and L. P. Ligthart, "A hybrid physical optics-moment method for reflector antennas with complex struts geometry and off-axis feeding," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propagat., Vol. 9, No. 31, 830-835, June 2000.
8. Obmaki, N. and L. Rodriguez, "Accuracy check of the PO with the modified surface-normal vectors for radar cross section analyses ," EMTS 2007 — International URSI Commission B — Electromagnetic Theory Symposium , Ottawa, ON, Canada, July 26-28, 2007.
9. Lashab, M., F. Benabdelaziz, and C. Zebiri, "Analysis ofelectromagnetics scattering from reflector and cylindrical antennas using wavelet-based moment method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 357-368, 2007.
10. Arias, A. M. and A. M. E. Lorenzo, "A novel fast algorithm for physical optics analysis ofsingle and dual reflector antennas,", Vol. 32, No. 3, 910-915, May 1996.
11. Herben, M. H. A. J. and M. M. J. L. van de Kamp, "Axial cross-polarization in reflector antennas due to asymmetric cross-polar feed patterns," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1988.
12. Wang, G., "Analysis ofelectromagnetic scattering from conducting bodies ofrev olution using orthogonal wavelets expansions ," IEEE Trans. Electromag. Compabil., Vol. 40, No. 1, 1-11, Feb. 1998.
13. Vipiana, F., G. Vicchi, and M. Sabbadini, "A far field wavelet expansion for the synthesis of contoured-beam array-fed reflector antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propagat., Vol. 11, No. 32, 589-593, July 2006.