This paper describes a novel permittivity measurement technique using dual open ended coaxial sensors. The magnitude reflection coefficients from two open ended coaxial sensors were used to determine complex reflection coefficients and permittivity of a sample under test.
2. Wang, Y. and M. N. Afsar, "Measurement of complex permittivity of liquids using waveguide techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 42, 131-142, 2003.
3. Sokoll, T. and A. F. Jacob, "In-situ moisture detection system with a vector network analyser," Meas. Sci. Tech., Vol. 18, No. 4, 1088-1093, 2007.
4. Hasar, U. C., "Permittivity determination of fresh cement-based materials by an open-ended waveguide probe using amplitude-only measurements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 27-43, 2009.
5. Hasar, U. C. and O. Simsek, "An accurate complex permittivity method for thin dielectric materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 123-138, 2009.
6. Lee, K. Y., Z. Abbas, Y. K. Yeow, M. D. Nur Sharizan, C. E. Meng, "In situ measurements of complex permittivity and moisture content in oil palm fruit," The European Physical Journal --- Applied Physics,, Vol. 49, No. 3, 2010.
7. Chen, Q., K.-M. Huang, X. Yang, M. Luo, and H. Zhu, "An artificial nerve network realization in the measurement of material permittivity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, 347-361, 2011.
8. Gajda, G. and S. S. Stuchly, "An equivalent circuit of an open-ended coaxial line," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., Vol. 32, No. 4, 506-508, 1983.
9. Ghannouchi, F. M., R. G. Bosisio, Y. Demers, and R. Guay, "Computer aided measurement of dielectric properties of saline solutions using a six-port reflecometer," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., Vol. 38, No. 2, 505-508, 1989.
10. Kaatze, U., "Reference liquids for the calibration of dielectric sensors and measurement instrumentals," Meas. Sci. Tech., Vol. 18, No. 4, 967-976, 2007.
11. Misra, D., M. Chabbra, B. R. Epstein, M. Mirotznik, and K. R. Foster, "Noninvasive electrical characterization of materials at microwave frequencies using an open-ended coaxial line: Test of an improved calibration technique," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 38, No. 1, 8-14, Jan. 1990.