We report results continuing the research which looks at the influence of two different magnetic materials in a core construction on the transformation errors of a current transformer . In this paper we consider the behaviour of two different magnetic materials in a core. They are joined in a different way to the previous study; not axially (one-by-one), but also radially (one inside the second). We have conducted 3D analyses of the electromagnetic field distribution for different cases of current transformers and carried out computations based on the finite-element numerical method. We compare the results with tests of real-life models.
2. Kefalas, T. D. and A. G. Kladas, "Development of distribution transformers assembled of composite wound cores," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 48, No. 2, 775-778, Feb. 2012.
3. Kefalas, T. D., G. Loizos, and A. G. Kladas, "Transformer joints FE analysis using pseudo-source technique," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 47, No. 5, 1058-1061, May 2011.
4. Lesniewska, E. and W. Jalmuzny, "Influence of the number of core air gaps on transient state parameters of TPZ class protective current transformers," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, 105-112, 2009.
5. Markovic, M. and Y. Perriard, "Eddy current power losses in a toroidal laminated core with rectangular cross section," ICEMS 2009, International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems , 1-4, 2009.
6. Sergeant, P. and L. Dupre, "Modeling the electromagnetic behavior of nanocrystalline soft materials," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 45, No. 2, 678-686, 2009.
7. Amoiralis, E. I., M. A. Tsili, and A. G. Kladas, "Transformer design and optimization: A literature survey," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 4, 1999-2024, 2009.
8. Chojnacki, J., P. Liszewski, M. Soinski, R. Rygal, W. Pluta, S. Zurek, and P. Pinkosz, "Harmonic distortion of magnetizing current in combined wound toroidal cores," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 44, No. 11, 3816-3819, 2008.
9. Zurek, S., F. Al-Naemi, and A. J. Moses, "Finite-element modeling and measurements of flux and Eddy current distribution in toroidal cores wound from electrical steel," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 44, No. 6, 902-905, 2008.
10. Shen, W., F. Wang, D. Boroyevich, and C. W. Tipton, "Loss characterization and calculation of nanocrystalline cores for high-frequency magnetics applications," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 1, 475-484, 2008.
11. International Standard IEC 60044-1, "Instrument transformers --- Part 1: Current transformers,", Ref. 2605sa109122008, Metglas, Inc., 2008, Available: www.metglas.com.
12., "Metglas 2605SA1 technical bulletin,".
13., "Measuring instrument to check instrument transformers comparator K535. User manual and technical specification,", ROC-TOK pribor, Ukraine Ltd., Kiev, 2009 (in Russian).