Previously derived asymptotics for diffraction by strongly elongated body is generalized to the case of nonaxial incidence. By applying "parabolic" equation method the asymptotics of the field in the boundary layer near the surface is constructed. This asymptotics takes into account the rate of elongation of the body and is applicable both to not too much elongated objects, where it reduces to Fock formulae, and to very elongated bodies.
2. Andronov, I. V. and D. Bouche, "Asymptotic of creeping waves on a strongly prolate body," Ann. Telecommunications, Vol. 49, No. 3-4, 205-210, 1994.
3. Andronov, I. V., "High-frequency asymptotics for diffraction by a strongly elongated body," Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 872, 2009.
4. Andronov, I. V., "High frequency asymptotics of electromagnetic field on a strongly elongated spheroid," PIERS Online , Vol. 5, No. 6, 536-540, 2009.
5. Andronov, I. V. , D. P. Bouche, and M. Durufle, "High-frequency diffraction of plane electromagnetic wave by an elongated spheroid," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 60, No. 11, 5286-5295, 2012.
6. Fock, V. A., "The distribution of currents induced by a plane wave on the surface of a conductor," Journ. of Phys. of the U.S.S.R., Vol. 10, No. 2, 130, 1946.
7. Bowman, J. J., T. B. A. Senior, and P. L. E. Uslenghi, Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by Simple Shapes, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1969.
8. Kleshchev, A. A., "Scattering of sound by perfect spheroids in the limiting case of high frequencies," Akust. Zhurn., Vol. 19, No. 5, 699-704, 1973 (in Russian).
9. Sammelman, G. S., D. H. Trivett, and R. H. Hackman, "High-frequency scattering from rigid prolate spheroids," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 83, 46-54, 1988.
10. Voshchinnikov, N. V. and V. G. Farafonov, "Light scattering by an elongated particle: Spheroid versus infinite cylinder," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 13, 249-255, 2002.
11. Kotsis, A. D. and J. A. Roumeliotis, "Electromagnetic scattering by a metallic spheroid using shape perturbation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 113-134, 2007.
12. Komarov, I. V., L. I. Ponomarev, and S. Y. Slavyanov, Spheroidal and Coulomb Spheroidal Functions, Science, Moscow, 1976 (in Russian).
13. Abramowitz, M. and I. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards, New York, 1964.
14. Andronov, I. V., "Diffraction of a plane wave incident at a small angle to the axis of a strongly elongated spheroid," Acoustical Physics, Vol. 58, No. 5, 521-529, 2012.
15. Thompson, I. J. and A. R. Barnett, "COULCC: A continued-fraction algorithm for Coulomb functions of complex order with complex arguments," Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 36, 363-372, 1985.
16. Sun, X., H. W. Wang, and H. Zhang, "Scattering of Gaussian beam by a spheroidal particle," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 539-555, 2012.
17. Fock, V. A., "Theory of diffraction by a paraboloid of revolution," Diffraction of Electromagnetic Waves by Some Bodies of Revolution, 5-56, Soviet Radio, Moscow, 1957.
18. Andronov, I. V. and D. Bouche, "Forward and backward waves in high-frequency diffraction by an elongated spheroid," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 29, 209-231, 2011.