In this paper, the integrated formulas for the electromagnetic field in the planar boundary between isotropic and onedimensionally anisotropic media due to a horizontal electric dipole situated on the interface are treated in detail, and the calculable field components are given in terms of series that involve confluent hypergeometric functions, namely, the Fresnel and exponential integrals, and the expressions are more complex than the isotropic case. The exact expressions and simplified formulas can be easily reduced to the corresponding isotropic case. The results are useful to study the propagation of the electromagnetic waves on the boundary of one-dimensionally anisotropic earth or sediments.
2. Ba~nos, A., Dipole Radiation in the Presence of a Conducting Half-space, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1966.
3. Wait, J. R., Electromagnetic Wave in Stratified Media, 2nd Ed., Pergamon Press, New York, 1970.
4. King, R. W. P., "Electromagnetic surface waves: New formulas and applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 33, 1204-1212, 1985.
5. King, R. W. P., M. Owens, and T. T. Wu, Lateral Electromagnetic Waves: Theory and Applications to Communications, Geophysical Exploration, and Remote Sensing , Springer-Verlag, New York, 1992.
6. Mei, J. P. and K. Li, "Electromagnetic field from a horizontal electric dipole on the surface of a high lossy dielectric coated with a uniaxial layer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 71-91, 2007.
7. Zhu, X. Q. and W. Y. Pan, "Electromagnetic field of a vertical dipole on a non-perfect conductor coated with a negative-index dipole on a non-perfect conductor coated with a negative-index medium ," 8th International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory , 630-633, 2008.
8. Xu, Y. H., W. Ren, L. Liu, and K. Li, "Electromagnetic field of a horizontal electric dipole in the presence of a four-layered region," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 371-391, 2008.
9. Lu, Y. L., Y. L. Wang, Y. H. Xu, and K. Li, "Electromagnetic ¯eld of a horizontal electric dipole buried in a four-layered region ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 16, 247-275, 2009.
10. Li, K., Electromagnetic Fields in Stratified Media, Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou and Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2009.
11. Edwards, R. N., D. C. Nobes, and E. Gomez-Trevino, "Offshore electrical exploration of sedimentary basins: The effects of anisotropy in horizontally isotropic, layered media," Geophys., Vol. 49, 566, 1984.
12. Parkhomenko, E. I., "Electrical Properties of Rocks,", 1967.
13. Li, K., Y. L. Lu, and M. Li, "Approximate formulas for lateral electromagnetic pulses from a horizontal electric dipole on the surface of one-dimensionally anisotropic medium ," IEEE Trans.Antennas and Propag., Vol. 53, 933-937, 2005.
14. Pan, W. Y., "Surface-wave propagation along the boundary between sea water and one-dimensionally anisotropic rock ," Appl. Phys., Vol. 58, 3963-3974, 1985.
15. Margetis, D. and T. T. Wu, "Exactly calculable field components of electric dipoles in planar boundary," Journal of Mathematical physics, Vol. 42, 713-745, 2001.
16. Van der Pol, B., "On discontinuous electromagnetic waves and occurrence of a surface wave," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, 288-293, 1956.
17. Watson, G. N., A Treatise on the Theory of Bessel Functions, Cambridge University Press, New York, 1995.
18. Erdelyi, A., Higher Transcendental Functions, Vol. I, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953.