As the boundary of the universe which is explored by human expanded, antenna used in deep space exploration (DSE) could become too large to carry and deploy, miniature deep space probe based antenna arrays (MDSPBAA) provide a novel solution for the problem. This kind of antenna array may lower the difficulty of sending antenna to the area where is tend to be detected and may also monitor cost effectively in the work of deep space detect. However, turbulence and positional errors provide a challenging operational environment when it comes to the implementation of these systems. Turbulence will deteriorate SLL badly. In some cases, the level could be changed by almost 10 dB. Therefore, a SLL control algorithm is presented, which could well compensate the SLL which is caused by positional error.
2. Kegege, O., M. Fuentes, N. Meyer, and A. Sil, "Three-dimensional analysis of deep space network antenna coverage," Aerospace Conference, 1-9, 2012.
3. Vilnrotter, V., "Experimental evaluation of the ‘polished panel optical receiver’ concept on the deep space Network’s 34 meter antenna," Aerospace Conference, 1-12, 2012.
4. Qiu, D., M. Sun, Z. Wang, Y. Wang, and Z. Chen, "Practical wind-disturbance rejection for large deep space observatory antenna," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2014, DOI 10.1109/TCST.2013.2296935.
5. Imbriale, W. A., Large Antennas of the Deep Space Network, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
6. Rogerstad, D. H. S., A. Mileant, and T. T. Pham, Antenna Arraying Techniques in the Deep Network, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
7. Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory and Design (Revised Edition), John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
8. Haneishi, M. and S. Saito, "Radiation properties of micro strip array antenna fed by radial line," IEEE AP Symposium Digest, 588-591, 1991.
9. Pazin, L. and Y. Leviatan, "Effect of amplitude tapering and frequency-dependent phase errors on radiating characteristics of radial waveguide fed non-resonant array antenna," IEE Micro. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 151, No. 4, 363-369, 2004.
10. Spence, T. G. and D. H. Werner, "Design of broadband planar arrays based on the optimization of aperiodic tilings," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 1, 76-86, Jan. 2008.
11. Petko, J. S. and D. H. Werner, "The evolution of optimal linear polyfractal arrays using genetic algorithms," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3604-3615, Nov. 2005.
12. Volakis, J. L., Antenna Engineering Handbook, 4th Edition, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, 2007.
13. Petko, J. S. and D. H. Werner, "Positional tolerance analysis and error correction of micro-UAV swarm based antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp., 2547-2550, Charleston, SC, Jun. 1-5, 2008.
14. Pierro, V., V. Galdi, G. Castaldi, I. M. Pinto, and L. B. Felsen, "Radiation properties of planar antenna arrays based on certain categories of aperiodic tilings," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 2, 635-644, Feb. 2005.
15. Petko, J. S. and D. H. Werner, "Positional tolerance analysis and error correction of micro-UAV swarm based antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp., 1-5, Charleston, SC, 2009.
16. Namin, F., J. S. Petko, and D. H. Werner, "Design of robust aperiodic antenna array formations for micro-UAV swarms," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), 1-4, 2010.
17. Zhang, S. T. and I. L. J. Thing, "Robust presteering derivative constraints for broadband antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Signal Proceeding, Vol. 50, 1-10, 2002.
18. Senechal, M., Quasicrystals and Geometry, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK , 1995.
19. Namin, F., J. S. Petko, and D. H. Werner, "Analysis and design optimization of robust aperiodic micro-UAV swarm-based antenna arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 5, 2295-2308, May 2012.
20. Penrose, R., "The role of aesthetics in pure and applied mathematical research," Bulletin Inst. Math. Its Applicat., Vol. 10, 266-274, 1974.
21. Grunbaum, B., G. C. Shephard, and , Tilings and Patterns, Freeman, New York, 1990.
22. Kim, Y. and D. L. Jaggard, "The fractal random array," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 74, No. 9, 1278-1280, Sep. 1986.