A new compact and simple design of UWB antenna with triple band-notched characteristic is proposed in this paper. The first band notch for 3.3-3.8 GHz (WiMAX) is created by cutting a line slot in the radiating patch. The second band rejection for 5.1-5.8 GHz (WLAN) is achieved by etching out an elliptical split ring resonator (ESRR) from the patch placed just above the feed line and patch junction. And the third notch for 7.25 GHz-7.75 GHz (X-band satellite downlink frequency) is created using rectangular split ring resonator (RSRR) in the feed line. Each notch can be adjusted without disturbing the others. A 10 dB return loss wide bandwidth (3.1-10.6 GHz) and VSWR>2 for the stopbands has been measured.
2. Gao, P., L. Xiong, J. Dai, S. He, and Y. Zheng, "Compact printed wide-slot UWB antenna with 3.5/5.5-GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 983-986, 2013.
3. Kelly, J. R., P. S. Hall, and P. Gardner, "Band-notched UWB antenna incorporating a microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 8, 3045-3048, Aug. 2011.
4. Abbas, S. M., Y. Ranga, A. K. Verma, and K. P. Esselle, "A simple ultra wideband printed monopole antenna with high band rejection and wide radiation patterns," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 9, 4816-4820, Sep. 2014.
5. Lin, C.-C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, Jan. 2012.
6. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014.
7. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, C. H. See, T. W. C. Brown, J. Li, G. Wei, and J. Xu, "Multiple band-notched UWB antenna with band-rejected elements integrated in the feed line," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 8, 3952-3960, Aug. 2013.
8. Wang, J., Z. Wang, Y. Yin, and X. Liu, "UWB monopole antenna with triple band-notched characteristic based on a pair of novel resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 49, 1-10, 2014.
9. Peng, H., Y. Luo, and Z.-X. Shi, "Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 117-125, 2015.
10. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016.
11. Wang, S., "A new compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 58, 67-72, 2016.
12. Nguyen, D. T., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 411-414, 2012.
13. Xu, F., Z. Wang, X. Chen, and X. Wang, "Design of ultrawideband antenna with triple band-notched functions based on non-uniform width slots," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 2012, DOI: 10.1109/ICMMT.2012.6230198.