A new hybrid double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor (HDSBSRM) realizes the decoupling of torque and suspension force from the structure, and the permanent magnet added in the inner stator further reduces the suspension power loss. For HDSBSRM, loss is the main cause of temperature rise. In order to ensure the stable suspension and rotation of the motor, loss of the Magnetic Bearing (MB) and motor are calculated and analyzed by finite element method (FEM). Based on the loss result, the temperature field is analyzed. The analysis of loss and temperature field provides important theoretical basis for the design of motor cooling system.
2. Takemoto, M., A. Chiba, and T. Fukao, "A new control method of bearingless switched reluctance motors using square-wave currents," Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, 375-380, Singapore, 2000.
3. Chen, L. and W. Hofmann, "Design procedure of bearingless high-speed switched reluctance motors," International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives Automation and Motion, 1442-1447, 2010.
4. Zhou, Y., et al., "A novel bearingless switched reluctance generator," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 32, No. 15, 107-113, 2012.
5. Sun, Y., et al., "A hybrid double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor," Diangong Jishu Xuebao/Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 1, 1-10, 2019.
6. Yuan, Y., Y. Ma, S. Guo, F. Yang, and B. Xu, "Suspension performance analysis of a novel bearingless motor," Electronics Letters, Vol. 56, No. 3, 132-134, 2020.
7. Zhao, B., Application of Ansoft 12 in Engineering Electromagnetic Field, Water Power Press, Beijing, China, 2010 (in Chinese).
8. Yuan, Y., Y. Sun, and Y. Huang, "Accurate mathematical model of bearingless flywheel motor based on Maxwell tensor method," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 11, 950-951, 2016.
9. Wang, T., X. Ouyang, L. Li, and X. Li, "Optimization of the five phase fault tolerant motor based on Ansoft simulation," IEEE/CSAA International Conference on Aircraft Utility Systems (AUS), 1035-1039, Beijing, China, Oct. 2016.
10. Yuan, Y., Y. Sun, and Y. Huang, "Design and analysis of bearingless flywheel motor specially for flywheel energy storage," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 1, 66-68, 2016.
11. Liu, J., et al., "Iron loss characteristic for the novel bearingless switched reluctance motor," 2013 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 586-591, IEEE, 2013.
12. Liu, Z., S. Wang, and Z. Deng, "Inductance characteristics for bearingless switched reluctance motors under condition of steady magnetic suspension," Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Vol. 41, No. 2, 165-170, 2009.
13. Liu, C., et al., "Design and performance analysis of magnetic field modulated fluxswitching permanent magnet machine based on electrical-thermal bi-directional coupling design method," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 37, No. 21, 6237-6245, 2017.
14. Howey, B., et al., "Thermal trade-off analysis of an exterior rotor e-bike switched reluctance motor," IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC), 605-612, 2017.
15. Qi, J., W. Hua, and H. Zhang, "Thermal analysis of modular-spoke-type permanent-magnet machines based on thermal network and FEA method," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 7, 1-5, 2019.
16. Zhu, L., J. Shen, X. Gong, L. Liu, J. Liu, and Z. Xu, "Effects of different modes of mechanical ventilation on aerodynamics of the patient-specific airway: A numerical study," 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 4961-4964, Berlin, Germany, 2019.
17. Bertotti, G., "Physical interpretation of eddy current losses in ferromagnetic materials. I. Theoretical considerations," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 57, No. 6, 2110-2117, 1985.
18. Howey, D. A., P. R. N. Childs, and A. S. Holmes, "Air-gap convection in rotating electrical machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 59, No. 3, 1367-1375, 2012.