An auxiliary antenna array scheme for sidelobe interference cancellation of satellite communication system is proposed in this paper. Considering earth curvature, signal bandwidth and transmission loss, a precise model of satellite communication interference scenario is established. In order to improve anti-interference capability, the performance of the auxiliary antenna array is studied by the minimum mean square error (MMSE) criterion. Then, a 7-unit linear microstrip antenna array is manufactured as the auxiliary antenna array. The main contribution of this paper is the corresponding auxiliary antenna array analysis and design. Simulated and experimental results confirm that the proposed scheme can achieve a relatively high interference cancellation radio (ICR) of about 25 dB in a wide beam range.
2. Pan, G., Anti-jamming Technology of Satellite Navigation Receiver, 322-325, Electronic Industry Press, May 2016.
3. Naik, K. and K. Raju, "Synthesis of linear concentric ring arrays with high directivity and low sidelobe levels," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 87, No. 12, 1-15, Aug. 2016.
4. Zhao, S., Research on sidelobe cancellation technology of beidou navigation receiver, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, May 2017.
5. Howells, P. W., Intermediate frequency sidelobe canceller, U.S. Patent3202990, Aug. 1965.
6. Mohammed, J. R. and K. H. Sayidmarie, "Performance evaluation of theadaptive sidelobe canceller system with various auxiliary configurations," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 80, 179-185, Aug. 2017.
7. Toshiyuki, K., et al., "Interference cancellation system for satellite communication earth station," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 32, No. 7, 796-803, Jul. 1984.
8. Byounghak, K., H. Yu, and S. Noh, "Cognitive interference cancellation with digital channelizer for satellite communication," Sensor, Vol. 20, No. 2, 355, May 2020.
9. Xu, R. Y., "Self-Interference cancellation scheme for secure AF satellite communication based on FH-MWFRFT," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 23, No. 11, 2050-2053, Sep. 2019.
10. Manlio, B., "Diversity framed slotted aloha with interference cancellation for maritime satellite communications," ICC 2019 — 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Shanghai, China, May 2019.
11. Liu, Y. P. and L. P. Wang, "Adaptive wideband sidelobe cancellation based on uniform line array," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 12, No. 3, 130-133, Apr. 2012.
12. Jeffs, D. and K. Warnick, "Improved interference cancellation in synthesis array radio astronomy using auxiliary antennas," International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2003.
13. Mohammed, J. and K. Sayidmarie, "Performance evaluation of the adaptive sidelobe canceller system with various auxiliary configurations," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), 179-185, Jun. 2017.
14. Liao, K., Novel antenna array synthesis methods and adaptive sidelobe cancellation algorithms, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Jun. 2014.
15. Wang, B., Design and research of satellite anti-jamming device based on sidelobe cancellation technology, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, May 2012.
16. Kamio, K. and T. Sato, "An adaptive sidelobe cancellation algorithm for high-gain antenna arrays," Electronics and Communications in Japan Part 1, Vol. 87, No. 3, 11-18, 2004.
17. Yang, R., Algorithms of sidelobe cancellation and mainlobe jamming cancellation by polarization for array antenna, Xidian University, Xi'an, Jan. 2012.
18. Byun, G., S. Kim, and H. Choo, "Optimum array configuration to improve the nullsteering performance for CRPA systems," Proceedings of ISAP, Dec. 2014.
19. Li, Z., "Ku-band satellite communication link calculation," Communication Technology, Vol. 48, No. 6, Naval University of Engineering, Jun. 2015.
20. Guan, Y., H. Y. Zhang, and R. Zhong, "Research on calculation model of satellite communication link under interference conditions," Communication Technology, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2279-2286, Oct. 2018.
21. Wang, L., "Zhongwei 1' communication satellite," Satellite and Network, Vol. 1, No. 3, 51-52, Jun. 2007.
22. Wen, B. P., et al., "Calculation and analysis of satellite transmission system links," Journal of China Three Gorges University: Natural Science Edition, Vol. 33, No. 3, 39-42ITU, Mar. 2011.
23. Smith, K., "Centimeter and millimeter wave attenuation and brightness temperature due to atmospheric oxygen and water vapor," Radio Science, Vol. 17, No. 6, 1455-1464, Nov. 1982.
24. Wei, Y., "Satellite communication link calculation," Command Information System and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 5, 73-76, Oct. 2014.
25. Yong, J. S., "Calculation of microwave interference to C-band satellite receiving station and anti-jamming measures," Industrial Technology, No. 24, May 2009.
26. Tian, X. C., "A review of research on satellite communication radio wave propagation," Railway Communication Signals, 6-8, Aug. 1988.
27. Ling, Y. D. and Y. L. Wang, "Least squares algorithm using adaptive processing of single snapshot data," Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 37, No. 22–24, May 2009.
28. Long, S. M., S. R. Pen, and H. Y. Tang, "Analysis and comparison of adaptive sidelobe cancellation system interference methods," Electronic Information Countermeasure Technology, Vol. 31, No. 1, 38-42, Jan. 2016.
29. Lei, D., Research on microstrip array antenna, Harbin University of Technology, Harbin, Mar. 2016.
30. Hu, S. L., "Research on the technology of radar sidelobe cancellation of multi-directional saturated jamming," Modern Defense Technology, Vol. 42, No. 3, 25-30, May 2014.