This paper presents an accurate and robust time-domain electromagnetic model for microwave components of integrated circuits. The time-domain model has been validated on different structures such as metallic waveguides, planer lines and the transition of waveguide-microstrip line under harmonic oscillation excitation. The results obtained from simulation were compared to the experimental test results. The simulation results demonstrated that the approach is suitable to model microwave components of integrated circuits.
2. Tan, K.-B., L. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "Canonical analysis for dissipative electromagnetic medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1499-1505, 2006.
3. Taflove, M. A., Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, 2nd Ed., Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2000.
4. Mur, G., "Total field absorbing boundary conditions for the time domain electromagnetic field equations," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 40, No. 2, 100-102, 1998.
5. Berenger, J. P., "Making use of the PML absorbing boundary condition in coupling and scattering FDTD computer codes," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 45, No. 2, 189-197, 2003.
6. Yu, T.-B., B.-H. Zhou, and B. Chen, "An unsplit formulation of the Berenger’s PML absorbing boundary condition for FDTD meshes," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13, No. 8, 348-350, 2003.
7. Watanabe, K. and K. Yasumoto, "Two-dimensional electromagnetic scattering of non-plane incident waves by periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 241-271, 2007.
8. Gedney, S. D., G. Liu, J. A. Roden, and A. Zhu, "Perfectly matched layer media with CFS for an unconditionally stable ADI-FDTD method," IEEE Trans.on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, 1554-1559, 2001.
9. Arndt, F., R. Lotez, and J. Ritter, "Advanced FD-TD techniques for the CAD of microwave components," Electromagnetics, Vol. 23, 153-168, 2003.
10. Jiao, D. and J. M. Jin, "Time-domain finite-element modeling of dispersive media," IEEE Trans. Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, 220-223, 2001.
11. Arnold, M. D., "An efficient solution for scattering by a perfectly conducting strip grating," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 891-900, 2006.
12. Gelius, L.-J., "Electromagnetic scattering approximations revisited," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 75-94, 2007.