The high-frequency method for solving the scattering from homogeneous dielectric objects with electrically large size in half space is presented in this paper. In order to consider the scattering fields of the targets in half space, the half-space physical optics method is deduced by introducing the half-space Green's function into the conventional physical optics method (PO). Combined with the graphical-electromagnetic computing method to read the geometry information of all visible facets, the equivalent currents and the reflection coefficients are utilized to account of the homogenous dielectric objects with half-space physical optics method in half space. The numerical results show that this method is efficient and accurate.
2. Yousee, N., "Radar cross section of complex targets," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 77, No. 5, 1989.
3. Fei, Y. and G. Zhu, "Electromagnetic diffraction of a very obliquely incident plane wave field by a wedge with anisotropic impedance faces," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 12, 1671-1685, 2005.
4. Mallahzadeh, A. R., M. Soleimani, and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "RCS computation of airplane using parabolic equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 265-276, 2006.
5. Oo, Z. Z., E.-P. Li, and L.-W. Li, "Analysis and design on aperture antenna systems with large electrical size using multilevel fast multipole method," Journal Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 11, 1485-1500, 2005.
6. Xu, L., J. Tian, and X.-W. Shi, "A closed-form solution to analyze RCS of cavity with rectangular cross section," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 195-208, 2008.
7. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1982.
8. Han, D. H. and A. C. Polycarpou, "Ground effects for VHF/HF antennas on helicopter air frames," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 3, 402-412, 2001.
9. Li, Q. and D. B. Ge, "An approach for solving ground wave scattering from objects," Journal of Microwaves, Vol. 14, No. 3, 23-28, 1998.
10. Liu, Z., J. He, Y. Xie, A. Sullivan, and L. Carin, "Multilevel fast multipole algorithm for general targets on a half-space interface," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 12, 1838-1849, 2002.
11. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media Van-Nostrand Reinhold, New York, USA, 1990.
12. Xu, L., Z. Nie, and J. Wang, "Electric-field-type dyadic Green's functions for half-spaces and its evaluation," Journal of UEST of China, Vol. 33, No. 5, 485-488, 2004.
13. Li, X. F., Y. J. Xie, P. Wang, and T. M. Yang, "High-frequency method for scattering from electrically large conductive targets in half-space," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 2007.
14. Michalski, K. A. and D. Zheng, "Electromagnetic scattering and radiation by surfaces of arbitrary shape in layered media, part I: Theory," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 38, 335-344, 1990.
15. Yang, J. J., Y. L. Chow, and D. G. Fang, "Discrete complex images of a three-dimensional dipole above and within a lossy ground," IEEE Proceeding-H, Vol. 138, No. 4, 319-326, 1991.
16. Chow, Y. L., J. J. Yang, and D. G. Fang, "A closed-form spatial Green's function for the thick microstrip substrate," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 39, No. 3, 1991.
17. Dural, G. and M. I. Aksum, "Closed-form Green's function for general sources and stratified media," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 43, No. 7, 1995.
18. Aksum, M. I., "A robust approach for the derivation of closed-form Green's function," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 5, 1996.
19. Klement, D., J. Preissner, and V. Stein, "Special problem in applying the physical optics method for backscatter computations of complicated objects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 36, No. 2, 1988.
20. Ansorge, H., "Electromagnetic reflection from curved dielectric interface," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-34, No. 6, 1986.
21. Ruan, Y., Radar Cross Section and Stealth Technology, National Defense Industry Press, 1998.