In this paper the simulation of ultra wideband microstrip antenna is considered. Because of the ultra wideband characteristics of this antenna, it is better to use time domain simulation methods. In this work we use three dimensional transmission line matrix method (3D-TLM) and EPML-TLM algorithm for modeling PML boundary condition directly applied to TLM algorithm. Finally simulation results of some kinds of this antenna (e.g., linear tapered slot antenna and modified planar inverted cone antenna) are presented and compared with measurements and some commercial software's output.
2. Christopoulos, C., "The transmission-line modeling method: TLM," IEEE/OUP on Electromagnetic Wave Theory, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, 1995.
3. Ney, M. M. and S. Le Maguer, Diakoptics: An efficient technique for EMC applications, Proc. Electromagnetic Compatibility, 339-342, Zurich, Switzerland, 1999.
4. Eswarappa, C. and W. J. R. Hoefer, "Implementation of Berenger absorbing boundary conditions in TLM by interfacing FDTD perfectly matched layers," Electron. Lett., Vol. 31, No. 15, 1264-1266, 1995.
5. Pena, N. and M. M. Ney, "Absorbing-boundary conditions using perfectly matched layer (PML) technique for three-dimensional TLM simulations," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 45, 1749-1755, 1997.
6. Dubard, J. L. and D. Pompei, "Optimization of the PML efficiency in 3-D TLM method," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theo. and Tech., Vol. 48, No. 7, 2000.
7. Le Maguer, S., N. Pena, and M. M. Ney, "Matched absorbing medium techniques for full-wave TLM simulation of microwave and millimeter wave components," Ann. Telecommun., Vol. 53, No. 3-4, 115-129, 1998.
8. Le Maguer, S. and M. M. Ney, "Extended PML-TLM node: An efficient approach for full wave analysis of open structures," Int. J. Numer. Model., Vol. 14, 129-144, 2001.
9. Suh, S.-Y., W. L. Stutzman, W. A. Davis, A. E. Waltho, K. W. Skeba, and J. LSchiffer, A UWB antenna with a stop-band notch in the 5-GHz WLAN band, IEEE/ACES International Conference on Wireless Communications and Applied Computational Electromagnetics, 2005.
10. Choi, J., K. Chung, and Y. Roh, "Parametric analysis of a band-rejection antenna for UWB application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005.
11. Choi, W., J. Jung, K. Chung, and J. Choi, "Compact microstrip-fed antenna with band-stop characteristic for ultra-wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 47, No. 1, 2005.
12. Lee, J., S. Park, and S. Lee, "Bow-tie wide-band monopole antenna with the novel impedance-matching technique," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 33, No. 6, 2006.