Testing electronic equipment for radiated emissions requires the accurate calibration of EMI sensor. The performance of the sensor depends on its Antenna Factor (AF), which is the ratio of the incident electric field on the antenna surface to the received voltage at the load end across 50Ω resistance. The theoretical prediction of the AF of EMI sensors is a very attractive alternative if one takes into consideration the enormous expenditure and time required for calibrating a sensor experimentally. In this work, FDTD is developed to predict the performance of rectangular waveguide for EMI sensors.
2. Bhattacharya, A., S. Gupta, and A. Chakraborty, "Analysis of rectangular waveguide and thick windows as EMI sensors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 22, 231-258, 1999.
3. Yu, W. and R. Mittra, Conformal Finite-difference Time-domain Maxwell's Equations Solver: Software and User's Guide, Artech House, Boston, London, 2004.
4. Ali, M. and S. Sanyal, "FDTD analysis of dipole antenna as EMI sensor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 341-359, 2007.
5. Ali, M. and S. Sanyal, "A numerical investigation of finite ground planes and reector effects on monopole antenna factor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 10, 1379-1392, 2007.
6. Das, S. and A. Chakrabarty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuits and radiators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, 2006.
7. Sadiku, M. N. O., Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, London, New York, Washington, D.C., 2000.
8. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electromagnetic --- The Finite-dfference Time-domain Method, Artech House, Boston, London, 2005.
9. Bondeson, A., T. Rylander, and P. Ingelstrom, Computational Electromagnetics, 1st Ed., Springer, New York, 2005.
10. Sullivan, D. M., Electromagnetic Simulation Using the FDTD Method, IEEE Press, New York, 2000.
11. Sullivan, D. M., "An unsplit step 3-D PML for use with the FDTD method," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 7, No. 7, 184-186, 1997.
12. Harrington, R. F., Time-harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, McGRAW-Hill Book Company, New York, 1961.
13. Iwasaki, T. and K. Tomizawa, "Systematic uncertainties of the complex antenna factor of a dipole antenna as determined by two methods," Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 46, No. 2, 234-245, 2004.
14. Joseph, W. and L. Martens, "An improved method to determine the antenna factor," Instrumentation and Measurement, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 45, No. 1, 252-257, 2005.
15. Hekert, R. M., J. K. Daher, K. P. Ray, and B. Subbarao, "Measurement and modeling of near and far field antenna factor," International Conference on Electromagnetic Compatibility and Interference (INCEMIC'1994), 237-241, 1994.
16. Das, B. N., A. Chakraborty, and S. Gupta, "Analysis of waveguidefed thick radiating rectangular windows in a ground plane," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEE Proceedings H, Vol. 138, No. 2, 142-146, 1991.