Wireless channel identification and equalization is one of the most challenging tasks because broadcast channels are often subject to frequency selective, time varying fading and there are several bandwidth limitations. Furthermore, each receiver channel has vastly different types of channel characteristics and signals to noise ratio. Here in this paper we consider channel equalization and estimation problem from trans-receiver perspective, specifically we try to estimate blind equalization schemes particularly using constant modulus Algorithm (CMA). We try to estimate a linear channel model driven by a QAM source and adapt a FSE (T/2) using CMA. It has been shown CMA-FSE successfully reduces the cluster variance so that transfer to a decision directed mode is possible and simultaneously error is reduced.
2. Godard, D. N., "Self-recovering equalization and carrier tracking in two-dimensional data communication systems," IEEE Trans. on Communications, Vol. 28, No. 11, 1867-1875, 1980.
3. Casas, R. A., C. R. Johnson, Jr., R. A. Kennedy, Z. Ding, and R. Malamut, "Blind adaptive decision feedback equalization: A class of channels resulting in ill-convergence from a zero initialization," International Journal on Adaptive Control and Signal Processing Special Issue on Adaptive Channel Equalization, Vol. 12, No. 2, 173-193, 1998.
4. Fijalkow, I., C. E. Manlove, and C. R. Johnson Jr., "Adaptive fractionally spaced blind CMA equalization: Excess MSE," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 1, 227-231, 1998.
5. Johnson, Jr., C. R. and B. D. O. Anderson, "Godard blind equalizer error surface characteristics: White, zero-mean, binary source case," International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, Vol. 9, 301-324, 1995.
6. Ding, Z., R. A. Kennedy, B. D. O. Anderson, and C. R. Johnson Jr., "Ill-convergence of godard blind equalizers in data communication systems," IEEE Trans. on Communications, Vol. 39, 1313-1327, 1991.
7. Johnson, Jr., C. R., S. Dasgupta, and W. A. Sethares, "Averaging analysis of local stability of a real constant modulus algorithm adaptive filter," IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 36, 900-910, 1988.
8. Walsh, J. M. and C. R. Johnson Jr., Series feedforward interconnected adaptive devices, Proc. the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Montreal, Quebec, 2004.
9. Al-Kamali, F. S., M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, and F. E. Abd El-Samie, "Frequency domain interference cancellation for single carrier cyclic prefix cdma system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 255-269, 2008.
10. Tripathi, R., R. Gangwar, and N. Singh, "Reduction of crosstalk in wavelength division multiplexed fiber optic communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 367-378, 2007.
11. De Doncker, P., "Spatial correlation functions for fields in three-dimensional rayleigh channels," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 55-69, 2003.
12. Andalib, A., A. Rostami, and N. Granpayeh, "Analytical investigation and evaluation of pulse broadening factor propagating through nonlinear optical fibers (traditional and optimum dispersion compensated fibers)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 119-136, 2008.
13. Xue, W. and X.-W. Sun, "Multiple targets detection method based on binary hough transform and adaptive time-frequency filtering," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 309-317, 2007.
14. Wilton, D. R. and J. E. Wheeler III, "Comparison of convergence rates of the conjugate gradient method applied to various integral equation formulations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 5, 131-158, 1991.
15. Chen, K.-S. and C.-Y. Chu, "A propagation study of the 28 GHz lmds system performance with M-QAM modulations under rain fading," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 35-51, 2007.
16. Lundstedt, J. and M. Norgren, "Comparison between frequency domain and time domain methods for parameter reconstruction on nonuniform dispersive transmission lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 43, 1-37, 2003.
17. Oraizi, H. and S. Hosseinzadeh, "A novel marching algorithm for radio wave propagation modeling over rough surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 85-100, 2006.
18. Mukhopadhyay, M., B. K. Sarkar, and A. Chakrabarty, "Augmentation of anti-jam GPS system using smart antenna with a simple doa estimation algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 231-249, 2007.
19. Kazemi, S., H. R. Hassani, G. Dadashzadeh, and F. Geran, "Performance improvement in amplitude synthesis of unequally spaced array using least mean square method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 135-145, 2008.
20. Al-Kamali, F. S., M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, and F. E. Abd El-Samie, "Frequency domain interference cancellation for single carrier cyclic prefix CDMA system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 255-269, 2008.