A series of N identical periods of pairs of isotropic and biisotropic layers with defect in j-th basic element is investigated. The universal method that simultaneously allows to taking into account different types of defects in the structure is proposed. The problem is solved using the circuit theory and the transfer matrix methods. The analysis of the dynamic of electromagnetic properties of the investigated structure was carried out for different types of defects.
2. Awasthi, S. K., U. Malaviya, S. P. Ojha, N. K. Mishra, and B. Singh, "Design of a tunable polarizer using a one-dimensional nano sized photonic bandgap structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 133-152, 2008.
3. Srivastava, R., K. B. Thapa, S. Pati, and S. P. Ojha, "Design of photonic band gap filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 225-235, 2008.
4. Smith, D. R., et al., "Photonic band structure and defects in one and two dimensions," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B., Vol. 10, No. 2, 314-321, 1993.
5. Leung, K. M., "Defect modes in photonic band structures: a Green's function approach using vector Wannier functions," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B., Vol. 10, No. 2, 303-306, 1993.
6. Lakhtakia, A., V. K. Varadan, and V. V. Varadan, Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields in Chiral Media, Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer-Verlag, 1989.
7. Lindell, I. V., A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-Isotropic Media, Artech House, Boston, London, 1994.
8. Chadrasekhar, S., Liquid Crystals, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
9. Hussain, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Fractional curl operator in chiral medium and fractional non-symmetric transmission line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 199-213, 2006.
10. Panin, S. B., P . D. Smith, and A. Y. Poyedinchuk, "Elliptical to linear polarization transformation by a grating on a chiral medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1885-1899, 2007.
11. Kuzu, L., V. Demir, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and E. Arvas, "Electromagnetic scattering from arbitrarily shaped chiral objects using the finite difference frequency domain method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 1-24, 2007.
12. Hussain, A., M. Faryad, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Fractional curl operator and fractional chiro-waveguide," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 8, 1119-1129, 2007.
13. Tuz, V., "Three-dimensional Gaussian beam scattering from a periodic sequence of bi-isotropic and material layers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 53-73, 2008.
14. Gilles, L. and P. Tran, "Optical switching in nonlinear chiral distributed Bragg reflectors with defect layers," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B., Vol. 19, No. 4, 630-639, 2002.
15. Kopp, V. I. and A. Z. Genack, Phys. Rev. (Lett.), Vol. 89, No. 3, 2002.
16. Kopp, V. I., R. Bose, and A. Z. Genack, "Transmission through chiral twist defects in anisotropic periodic structures," Opt. Lett., Vol. 28, No. 5, 349-351, 2003.
17. Chen, J.-Y. and L.-W. Chen, "Polarization-dependent filters based on chiral photonic structures with defects," J. Opt. A. Opt., Vol. 7, 558-566, 2005.
18. Li, J., L. Jin, L. Li, and C. Li, "Bandgap separation and optical switching in nonlinear chiral photonic crystal with layered structure," IEEE Phot. Techn. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 11, 1261-1263, 2006.
19. Ha, N. Y., Y. Takanishi, K. Ishikawa, and H. Takezoe, "Simultaneous RGB reflections from single-pitched cholesteric liquid crystal films with Fibonaccian defects," Opt. Exp., Vol. 15, No. 3, 2007.
20. Yoshida, H., C. H. Lee, Y. Miura, A. Fujii, and M. Ozaki, "Optical tuning and switching of photonic defect modes in cholesteric liquid crystals," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 90, 071107, 2007.
21. Born, M. and E. Wolf, Principle of Optics, Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1968.
22. Kim, G. and E. Garmire, "Comparison between the matrix method and the coupled-wave method in the analysis of Bragg reflector structures," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 9, 132-137, 1992.
23. Kazanskiy, V. B., V. R. Tuz, and V. V. Khardikov, "Quasiperiodic metal-dielectric structure as a multifunctional control system," Radioelectronics and Communications Systems, Vol. 45, No. 7, 38-46, 2002.
24. Dickey, L. J., "High powers of matrices," ACM SIGAPL APL Quote Quad., Vol. 18, No. 2, 96-99, 1987.
25. Khardikov, V. V., V. R. Tuz, and V. B. Kazanskiy, "Influence of defects on electrodynamic properties of the finite series of identical metal-dielectric resonators," Proc. X-th Int. Conf. Math. Methods Electromagn. Theory, 130-132, 2004.
26. Zhang, Y. J., A. Bauer, and E. P. Li, "T-matrix analysis of multiple scattering from parallel semi-circular channels filled with chiral media in a conducting plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 299-318, 2005.