We designed two type binary 2D subwavelength (wavelength was λ = 10mm) focus diffractive photonic crystal lens and calculated the diffraction of plane TE-wave by use FDTD-method (our program in C++). It has been shown that diffractive photonic crystal lens designs have not an unique solution. Diameter lens was in 5 times more than her width and full width half maximum diameter of focal spot was 0.48λ.
2. Ozbay, E., B. Temelkuran, and M. Bayindir, "Microwave applications of photonic crystals," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 41, 185-209, 2003.
3. Fernandes, H. C. C., J. L. G. Medeiros, I. M. A. Junior, and D. B. Brito, "Photonic crystal at millimeter waves applications," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 5, 689-694, 2007.
4. Minin, O. V. and I. V. Minin, Diffractional Optics of Millimeter Waves, Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol, UK, 2004.
5. Minin, I. V., O. V. Minin, N. Gagnon, and A. Petosa, Investigation of the resolution of phase correcting Fresnel lenses with small focal length-to-diameter ratio and subwavelength focus, Proceeding of the EMTS 2007, Ottawa (URSI), Canada, 2007.
6. Guida, G., A. de Lustrac, and A. Priou, "An introduction to photonic band gap (PBG) materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 41, 1-20, 2003.
7. Joannopoulos, J. D., R. D. Meade, and J. N. Winn, Photonic Crystals: Molding the Flow of Light, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1995.
8. Sakoda, K., Optical Properties of Photonic Crystals, 2nd Ed., Springer-Verlag, New York, 2005.
9. Goss Levi, B., "Progress made in near-field imaging with light from a sharp tip," Phys. Today, Vol. 52, No. 18, 1999.
10. Fluck, E., N. F. van Hulst, W. L. Vos, and L. Kuipers, "Near-field optical investigation of three-dimensional photonic crystals," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 68, 015601, 2003.
11. Boutayeb, H., A.-C. Tarot, and K. Mahdjoubi, "Focusing characteristics of a metallic cylindrical electromagnetic band gap structure with defects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 89-103, 2006.
12. Luan, P.-G. and K.-D. Chang, "Photonic-crystal lens coupler using negative refraction," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 1, 91-95, 2007.
13. Haxha, S. and F. AbdelMalek, "Novel design of photonic crystal lens based on negative refractive index," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 2, 296-300, 2008.
14. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 14, 302-307, 1966.
15. Liu, Y., Z. Q. Yang, Z. Liang, and L. Qi, "A memory-efficient strategy for the FDTD implementation applied to the photonic crystals problems," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 4, 374-378, 2007.
16. D'Orazio, A., V. De Palo, M. De Sario, V. Petruzzelli, and F. Prudenzano, "Finite difference time domain modeling of light amplification in active photonic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 39, 299-339, 2003.
17. Ziolkowski, R. W., "FDTD simulations of reconfigurable electromagnetic band gap structures for millimeter wave applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 41, 159-183, 2003.
18. Umashankar, K. R. and A. Taflove, "A novel method to analyze electromagnetic scattering of complex objects," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 24, No. 4, 397-405, 1982.
19. Berenger, J. P., "A perfectly matched layer for the absorption of electromagnetic waves," Computational Physics, Vol. 114, 185-200, 1994.
20. Triandaphilov, Y. R. and V. V. Kotlyar, "Photonic crystal Mikaelian lens," Optical Memory and Neural Networks (Information Optics), Vol. 17, No. 1, 2008.
21. El-Dahshory, M. A., A. M. Attiya, and E. A. Hashish, "Design equations of two-dimensional dielectric photonic band gap structrues," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 319-340, 2007.
22. Srivastava, R., K. B. Thapa, S. Pati, and S. P. Ojha, "Design of photonic band gap filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 225-235, 2008.
23. Zheng, L. G. and W. X. Zhang, "Study on bandwidth of 2-D dielectric PBG mterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 41, 83-106, 2003.
24. Minin, I. V. and O. V. Minin, "Basic Principles of Fresnel Antenna Array," Springer, 2008 (in print).