The efficient algorithm is presented for the analysis of electromagnetic scattering from composite structures with coexisting open and closed conductors. A hybrid combined-field integral equation-the improved electric-field integral equation (CFIE-IEFIE) formulation with the incomplete LU factorization (ILU) preconditioner is proposed. Numerical results are given to demonstrate that the efficiency of our algorithm can be significantly improved when compared with the conventional EFIE formulation and the hybrid CFIE-EFIE formulation.
1 . Xu, L., Y.-C. Guo, and X.-W. Shi, "Dielectric half space model for the analysis of scattering from objects on ocean surface," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2287-2296, 2007.
2. Strifors, H. C. and G. C. Gaunaurd, "Bistatic scattering by bare and coated perfectly conducting targets of simple shape," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1037-1050, 2006.
3. Li, Y. L., J. Y. Huang, and M. J. Wang, "Scattering cross section Scattering cross section," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2341-2349, 2007.
4. Collard, B., B. Fares, and B. Souny, "A new formulation for scattering by impedant 3D bodies," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1291-1298, 2006.
5. Illahi, A., M. Afzaal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of dipole field by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 43-53, 2008.
6. Carpentieri, B., "Fast large RCS calculation using the boundary element method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1959-1968, 2007.
7. Huang, E. X. and A. K. Fung, "An application of sampling theorem to moment method simulation in surface scattering," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 4, 531-546, 2006.
8. Varmazyar, S. H. and M. N. Moghadasi, "An integral equation modeling of electromagnetic scattering from the surfaces of arbitrary resistance distribution," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 157-172, 2008.
9. Mittra, R. and K. Du, "Characteristic basis function method for iteration-free solution of large method of moments problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 307-336, 2008.
10. Hatamzadeh-Varmazyar, S., M. Naser-Moghadasi, and Z. Masouri, "A moment method simulation of electromagnetic scattering from conducting bodies," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 99-119, 2008.
11. Mautz, J. R. and R. F. Harrington, "H-field, E-field, and combined field solutions for conducting bodies of revolution," AEU, Vol. 32, 157-164, 1978.
12. Ergul, O. and L. Gurel, "Hybrid CFIE-EFIE solution of composite geometries with coexisting open and closed surfaces," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 5, 289-292, 2005.
13. Chew, W. C., J. M. Jin, E. Midielssen, and J. M. Song, Fast and Efficient Algorithms in Computational Electromagnetics Boston, Artech House, MA, 2001.
14. Pan, X.-M. and X.-Q. Sheng, "A highly efficient parallel approach of multi-level fast multipole algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1081-1092, 2006.
15. Li, L. and Y.-J. Xie, "Efficient algorithm for analyzing microstrip antennas using fast-multipole algorithm combined with fixed realimage simulated method ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 15, 2177-2188, 2006.
16. Wang, P. and Y.-J. Xie, "Scattering and radiation problem of surface/surface junction structure with multilevel fast multipole algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 15, 2189-2200, 2006.
17. Hu, J. and Z. Nie, "Improved electric field integral equation (IEFIE) for analysis of scattering from 3-D conducting structures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 49, 644-648, 2007.
18. Saad, Y., Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, PWS Publishing Company, 1996.
19. Malas, T. and L. Gurel, "Incomplete LU preconditioner with multilevel fast multipole algorithm for electromagnetic scattering," SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing, Vol. 29, 1476-1494, 2007.
20. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, 409-418, 1982.
21. Sertel, K. and J. L. Volakis, "Incomplete LU preconditioner for FMM implementation," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 26, 265-267, 2000.
22. Rui, P. L., R. S. Chen, Z. H. Fan, J. Hu, and Z. P. Nie, "Perturbed incomplete ILU preconditioner for efficient solution of electric field integral equations," IET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 1, 1059-1063, 2007.
23. Rui, P. L., R. S. Chen, Z.W. Liu, and Y. N. Gan, "Schwarz-Krylov subspace method for MLFMM analysis of electromagnetic wave scattering problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 51-63, 2008.