In this paper, a fast and efficient method based on MOM is proposed for the analysis of antenna and array mounted on bodies of revolution. An attachment mode is introduced to ensure the continuity of current density at the junction region between wire antenna and cylindrical surface. A method based on suitable changes of coordinates and domains is presented to extract singular point of the self-impedance element calculation at junction region and accurate impedance can be obtained. Taking the antennas and array mounted on a finite solid conducting cylinder as an example, the impedance characteristics and radiation pattern are calculated. The good agreement between the results obtained by using the analysis method presented in this paper and those of CST and NEC software reveals the accuracy and high efficiency of this method.
2. Cao, X., J. Qin, K. M. Luk, and C. Liang, "The efficient analysis model of antenna with bodies of revolution," Microwave & Millimetre-wave Symposium of China (2005CNMWS), 420-424, 2005.
3. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, New York, Macmillan.
4. Mautz, J. R. and R. F. Harrington, "Radiation and scattering from bodies of revolution," Appl. Sci. Res., Vol. 20, 405-435, 1969.
5. Andreasen, M. G., "Scattering from bodies of revolution ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 13, 303-310, 1965.
6. Medgyesi-Mtschang, L. N. and J. H. Mullen, "Radiation and scattering from asymmetrically excited bodies of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 24, No. 1, 90-93, 1976.
7. Gedney, S. D. and R. Mittra, "The use of the FFT for the efficient solution of the problem of electromagnetic scattering by a body of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 38, No. 3, 313-321, March 1990.
8. Raquel, P. L. and F. C. Manuel, "Input impedance of wire antennas attached on-axis to conducting bodies of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 36, No. 9, 1236-1243, 1988.
9. Jung, H. and C. Seo, "Characteristics of circular polarization of ellipitical microstrip antenna with full-wave analysis considering the attachment mode," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 22, No. 2, 111-114, 1999.
10. Tarricone, L., M. Mongiardo, and F. Cervelli, "A quasi-onedimensional integration technique for the analysis of planar microstrip circuits via MPIE/MOM," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 9, No. 3, 517-522, 2001.