The problem about the electrical current distribution along thin radial impedance monopole, located on the perfectly conducting sphere, has been solved in a rigorous electrodynamic formulation in the paper. The problem formulation strictness is provided by the use of the Green's function for the Hertz's vector potential for unbounded space outside the perfectly conducting sphere at formulation of the initial integral equation concerning the current in monopole. The approximate analytical solution of the integral equation has been obtained by the method of iterations both for the case of excitation of the monopole by the δ-generator of voltage, located on the finite distance over the spherical scatterer, and at the excitation of the monopole at its basis.
2. Vafeas, P., G. Perrusson, and D. Lesselier, "Low-frequency solution for a perfectly conducting sphere in a conductive medium with dipolar excitation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 49, 87-111, 2004.
3. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Single-series solution to the radiation of loop antenna in the presence conducting sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 277-294, 2007.
4. Kouveliotis, N. K. and C. N. Capsalis, "Prediction of the SAR level induced in a dielectric sphere by a thin wire dipole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 321-336, 2008.
5. Inagaki, N., O. Kukino, and T. Sekiguchi, "Integrated equation analysis of cylindrical antennas characterized by arbitrary surface impedance," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 55-B, 683-690, 1972.
6. Andersen, L. S., O. Breinbjerg, and J. T. Moore, "The standard impedance boundary condition model for coated conductors with edges: A numerical investigation of the accuracy for transverse magnetic polarization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 4, 415-446, 1998.
7. Galdi, V. and I. M. Pinto, "SDRA approach for higher-order impedance boundary conditions for complex multi-layer coatings on curved conducting bodies," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 12, 1629-1630, 1999.
8. Ikiz, T., S. Koshikawa, K. Kobayashi, E. I. Veliev, and A. H. Serbest, "Solution of the plane wave diffraction problem by an impedance strip using a numerical-analytical method: E-polarized case ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 15, No. 3, 315-340, 2001.
9. Nesterenko, M. V., "The electomagnetic wave radiation from a thin impedance dipole in a lossy homogeneous isotropic medium," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 61, 840-853, 2004.
10. Arnold, M. D., "An effcient solution for scattering by a perfectly conducting strip grating," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 891-900, 2006.
11. Collard, B., M. B. Fares, and B. Souny, "A new formulation for scattering by impedant 3D bodies," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1291-1298, 2006.
12. Ruppin, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1853-1860, 2006.
13. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, "Impedance vibrator with arbitrary point of excitation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 275-290, 2008.
14. Wu, J.-J. and T. J. Yang, "Subwavelength microwave guiding by a periodically corrugated metal wire," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 10, 11-19, 2009.
15. Penkin, Y. M. and V. A. Katrich, "Excitation of Electromagnetic Waves in the Volumes with Coordinate Boundaries," Fakt, Kharkov, 2003 (in Russian).
16. Belkina, M. G. and L. A. Weinstein, "The Characteristics of Radiation of Spherical Surface Antennas. Diffraction of Electromagnetic Waves on Some Bodies of Rotation," Soviet radio, Moscow, 1957 (in Russian).
17. Resnikov, G. B., Antennas of Flying Vehicles, Soviet radio, Moscow, 1967 (in Russian)..
18. King, R. W. P. and T. Wu, "The imperfectly conducting cylindrical transmitting antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 14, 524-534, 1966.
19. Abramowits, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables, National Bureau of Standards, Applied Mathematics Series-55, 1964.