Next generation communication system, such as Long Term Evolution Advanced (LTE-A), has the advantages of high transmission rate, wide bandwidth and better bandwidth utilization in high mobility environments. However, in such a kind of system when users are distributed sparsely in the base station coverage range the spectrum efficiency becomes worse. The emergence of new technologies such as the coordination among based stations makes the utilization of system bandwidth more efficient. The technology of coordination among base stations has other merits such as reducing noise interference, increasing receiving diversity, improving the system receiving gain, etc. In this paper, the system spectrum utilization and its associated efficiency will be investigated when the scheme of coordination among base stations is implemented.
2. Tong, , Z., , B. B. Li, and M. Q. Liu, , "A novel downlink coordination scheme for CoMP SU-MIMO," International Conference on Network Computing and Information Security (NCIS), Vol. 1, 121-125, 2011.
3. Liu, , G. Y., J. H. Zhang, D. J. Jiang, L. Lei, Q. X. Wang, and F. Qin, "Downlink interference coordination and mitigation for future LTE-advanced system," Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications, APCC,, 225-229, 2009.
4. Rahman, , M., , H. Yanikomeroglu, and W. Wong, "Interference avoidance with dynamic inter-cell coordination for downlink LTE system," IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference , 1-6, 2009.
5. Brueck, , S., J. Giese, L. Zhao, and A. Dekorsy, , "On MAC layer throughput enhancements in LTE-A by downlink macro diversity," IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops , 1-5, 2009.
6. Lee, , Y.-H., , Y.-G. Jan, L. Wang, Q. Chen, Q. W. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, , "Using hopping technique for interference mitigation in modulated scattering array antenna system," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 7, No. 12, 839-843, 2010.
doi:(SCI, EI, Engineering).
7. Lee, , Y.-H., Y.-G. Jan, H. Huang, Q. Chen, Q. W. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, "Using LDPC coding and AMC to mitigate received power imbalance in carrier aggregation communication system," IEICE Electronics Express, , 2011.
8. Foschini, G. J. and M. J. Gans, , "On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas," Wireless Personal Communications, , Vol. 6, 311-335, 1998.
9., "\IEEE 802.16m evaluation methodology document (EMD)," IEEE 02.16 m-08/004r5, 2009.
10. Hoymann, , C., "Analysis and performance evaluation of the OFDM-based metropolitan area network IEEE 802.16," International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking,, Vol. 49, 341-363, 2005.
11. Srinivasan, , R., J. Zhuang, L. Jalloul, R. Novak, and J. Park, "\IEEE 802.16m Evaluation Methodology Document," IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group, 80216 m-08 003r7(SDD), 2009.
12. Erceg, , V., , K. V. S. Hari, M. S. Smith, D. S. Baum, and P. Soma, "Channel models for fixed wireless applications," IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group,, 2003.
13. Molisch, A. F., H. Asplund, R. Heddergott, M. Steinbauer, and T. Zwick, "The COST259 directional channel model-I. overview and methodology," IEEE Trans. Wireless Communication, , Vol. 5, 3421-3433, 2006.
14. Steinbauer, , M., , A. F. Molisch, and E. Bonek, "The double-directional radio channel," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 51-63, 2001.
15. Stallings, , W., " Wireless Communications and Networks,", 2002..
16. COST Action 231, , "Digital mobile radio towards future generation systems, final report,", 1999.
17. Lee, , H.-H., J.-H. Lee, H.-K. Song, and C.-K. Song, , "Simple and e±cient received signal detection technique using channel information for MIMO-OFDM," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 11--12, 1417-1428, 2009.
18. Lee, , Y.-D., , D.-H. Park, and H.-K. Song, , "Improved channel estimation and MAI-robust schemes for wireless OFDMA system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 81, 213-223, 2008.
19. Nam, , S.-H., , J.-S. Yoon, and H.-K. Song, , "An elaborate frequency offset estimation for OFDM systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 33-41, 2008.
20. Rel.9 3GPP TR 36.814, , "Further advancements for E-UTRA physical layer aspects,", 2010.
21. Coiler, "WiMAX Band Selective Repeater- BR-2600,".