Fractal antennas have undergone dramatic changes since they were first considered for wireless systems. Numerous advancements are developed both in the area of fractal shaped elements and fractal antenna array technology for fractal electrodynamics. This paper makes an attempt of applying the concept of fractal antenna array technology in the RF regime to optical antenna array technology in the optical regime using nonlinear array concepts. The paper further discusses on the enhancement of nonlinear array characteristics of fractal optical antenna arrays using nonlinearities in coupled antennas and arrays in a conceptual manner.
2. Gianvittorio, J. P. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Fractal antennas: A novel antenna miniaturization technique, and applications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 1, 20-36, 2002.
3. Best, S. R., "The fractal loop antenna: A comparison of fractal and non-fractal geometries," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3, 146-149, 2001.
4. Werner, D. H. and S. Ganguly, "An overview of fractal antenna engineering research," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine , Vol. 45, No. 1, 38-57, 2003.
5. Kim, Y. and D. L. Jaggard, "The fractal random array," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 74, No. 9, 1278-1280, 1986.
6. Lakhtakia, A. and Self-similarity, "Self-similarity in diffraction by a self-similar fractal screen," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 35, No. 2, 236-239, 1987.
7. Werner, D. H., R. L. Haupt, and P. L. Werner, "Fractal antenna engineering: The theory and design of fractal antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 41, No. 5, 37-58, 1999.
8. Liang, X., W. Zhenson, and W. Wenbing, "Synthesis of fractal patterns from concentric-ring arrays," Electronics Letters, Vol. 32, No. 21, 1940-1941, 1996.
9. Puente Baliarda, C. and R. Pous, "Fractal design of multiband and low side-lobe arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 5, 1996.
10. Mandelbrot, B. B., The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York.
11. Aziz, R. S., M. A. S. Alkanhal, and A. F. Sheta, "Multiband fractal-like antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 29, 339-354, 2011.
12. Romeu, J. and J. Soler, "Generalized Sierpinski fractal multiband antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 8, 1237-1239, 2001.
13. Levy, M., S. Bose, A. V. Dinh, and D. Sriram Kumar, "A novelistic fractal antenna for ultra wideband (UWB) applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 45, 369-393, 2012.
14. Karmakar, A., R. Ghatak, U. Banerjee, and D. R. Poddar, "An UWB antenna using modified Hilbert curve slot for dual band notch characteristics," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 13, 1620-1631, 2013.
15. Dorostkar, M. A., M. T. Islam, and R. Azim, "Design of a novel super wide band circular-hexagonal fractal antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 229-245, 2013.
16. Karmakar, A., S. Verma, M. Pal, and R. Ghatak, "Planar fractal shaped compact monopole antenna for ultra wideband imaging systems," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 7, No. 4, 262-267, 2012.
17. Agio, M. , A. Alu, and , Optical Antennas, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2013.
18. Gross, F. B., Frontiers in Antennas: Next Generation Design & Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011.
19. Balanis, C. A., "Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design," Harper & Row, 1982.
20. Krauss, J. D., R. J. Marhefka, and A. S. Khan, , Antennas for All Applications, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2008.
21. Stutzman, W. L., " Antenna Theory and Design, ," John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
22. Rudge, A. W., et al., The Handbook of Antenna Design, P. Peregrinus on Behalf of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, 1982.
23. Connor, F. R., Antennas, E. Arnold, London, 1989.