To achieve radial suspension and eliminate the effect of rotor gravity in wind turbines, a novel structure of a generator combined with a magnetic bearing (GCWMB) is proposed in this paper. The GCWMB not only has the characteristics of the traditional permanent magnet (PM) generator but also has the advantages of reducing friction and starting wind speed, eliminating rotor gravity. The structure and principle of the GCWMB are analyzed in this paper. To improve the calculation accuracy of flux density, an analytical model based on the Fourier series decomposition is proposed to establish the model of flux density in the outer air gap. Taking into account the edge effects and the eccentricity of the rotor, an improved equivalent magnetic circuit method is adopted to model and analyze the flux density in the inner air gap. The effectiveness and correctness of the proposed analytical model in the outer and inner air gaps are verified by finite element analysis (FEA) and experiments.
2. Peng, X., P. Jirutitijaroen, and C. Singh, "A distributionally robust optimization model for unit commitment considering uncertain wind power generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 1, 39-49, 2017.
3. Shokrzadeh, S., M. J. Jozani, and E. Bibeau, "Wind turbine power curve modeling using advanced parametric and nonparametric methods," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 5, No. 4, 1262-1269, 2017.
4. Kumbernuss, J., et al., "A novel magnetic levitated bearing system for Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT)," Applied Energy, Vol. 90, No. 1, 148-153, 2012.
5. Yu, Y., H. Zhu, and S. Zeng, "A new self-decoupling magnetic levitation generator for wind turbines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 40, 111-118, 2014.
6. Ren, X., Y. Le, and C. Wang, "Integrated design and optimization method of an asymmetric hybrid thrust magnetic bearing with secondary air-gap," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 77, 155-173, 2017.
7. Zheng, S., H. Li, B. Han, and J. Yang, "Power consumption reduction for magnetic bearing systems during torque output of control moment gyros," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 32, No. 7, 5752-5759, 2017.
8. Han, B., Q. Xu, and Q. Yuan, "Multiobjective optimization of a combined radial-axial magnetic bearing for magnetically suspended compressor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2284-2293, 2016.
9. Kanda, K., H. Sasaki, M. Sasaki, and T. Sugiura, "Amplitude reduction of a rotor supported by a superconducting magnetic bearing using nonlinear coupling caused by magnetic force," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 27, No. 4, 3601205, 2017.
10. Yuan, Y., Y. K. Sun, Q. W. Xiang, Y. H. Huang, and Z. Y. Zhu, "Model-free adaptive control for three-degree-of-freedom hybrid magnetic bearings," Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 12, 2035-2045, 2017.
11. Sun, J., Z. Ju, C. Peng, Y. Le, and H. Ren, "A novel 4-DOF hybrid magnetic bearing for DGMSCMG," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 3, 2196-2204, 2017.
12. Wang, N., Y. Hu, H. Wu, J. Zhang, and C. Song, "Research on forces and dynamics of maglev wind turbine generator," Journal of Magnetics, Vol. 18, No. 4, 443-453, 2013.
13. Shrestha, G., H. Polinder, D. J. Bang, and J. A. Ferreira, "Structural exibility: A solution for weight reduction of large direct-drive wind-turbine generators," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 25, No. 3, 732-740, 2010.
14. Xie, K., D. Li, R. Qu, and Y. Gao, "A novel permanent magnet vernier machine with Halbach array magnets in stator slot opening," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 53, No. 6, 7207005, 2017.
15. Bian, F., W. Zhao, J. Ji, and L. Xu, "Analysis of half Halbach array configurations in linear permanent-magnet vernier machine," Journal of Magnetics, Vol. 22, No. 3, 414-422, 2017.
16. Koo, M. M., J. Y. Choi, H. J. Shin, and J. M. Kim, "No-load analysis of PMLSM with Halbach array and PM overhang based on three-dimensional analytical method," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 4, 2016.
17. Salihu, S. M., N. Misron, N. Mariun, M. L. Othman, and T. Hanamoto, "A novel double-stator permanent magnet generator integrated with a magnetic gear," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 49, 69-80, 2016.
18. Wang, Q., S. Niu, and S. Yang, "Design optimization and comparative study of novel magnetic- geared permanent magnet machines," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 53, No. 6, 8104204, 2017.
19. Li, H. and H. Zhu, "Design of bearingless flux-switching permanent-magnet motor," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 4, 2016.
20. Peng, W., Z. Xu, D. H. Lee, and J. W. Ahn, "Control of radial force in double stator type bearingless switched reluctance motor," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 8, No. 4, 766-772, 2013.
21. Smeets, J. P. C., T. T. Overboom, J. W. Jansen, and E. A. Lomonova, "Three-dimensional analytical modeling technique of electromagnetic elds of air-cored coils surrounded by different ferromagnetic boundaries," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 12, 5698-5708, 2013.
22. Kremers, M. F. J., J. J. H. Paulides, and E. A. Lomonova, "Toward accurate design of a transverse ux machine using an analytical 3-D magnetic charge model," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 51, No. 11, 2015.
23. Jian, L., G. Xu, C. C. Mi, K. T. Chau, and C. C. Chan, "Analytical method for magnetic field calculation in a low-speed permanent-magnet harmonic machine," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 26, No. 3, 862-870, 2011.
24. Santra, T., D. Roy, and S. Yamada, "Calculation of force between two ring magnets using adaptive montecarlo technique with experimental verification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 49, 181-193, 2016.
25. Ozkaya, N., D. Leger, D. Goldsheyder, and M. Nordin, "Stress and strain," Fundamentals of Biomechanics, Springer International Publishing, 2017.
26. Yu, Y., W. Zhang, Y. Sun, and P. Xu, "Basic characteristics and design of a novel hybrid magnetic bearing for wind turbines," Energies, Vol. 9, No. 11, 2016.
27. Le, Y., J. Sun, and B. Han, "Modeling and design of 3-DOF magnetic bearing for high-speed motor including eddy-current effects and leakage effects," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 6, 3656-3665, 2016.
28. Santra, T., D. Roy, and A. Bikash Choudhury, "Calculation of passive magnetic force in a radial magnetic bearing using general division approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 54, 91-102, 2017.
29. Martyanov, A. S. and N. I. Neustroyev, "ANSYS Maxwell software for electromagnetic field calculations," Eastern European Scientific Journal, Vol. 5, 2014.