A new non-singular fast terminal Sensor-less sliding mode control algorithm (INFTSMC) for IPMSM based on an improved extended sliding mode disturbance observer (IESMDO) is constructed to address the problem of degraded control performance of IPMSM because of uncertainties. Firstly, a mathematical model of IPMSM under parametric ingestion is developed, and a new control law for the speed loop is designed. Then, an improved non-singular fast terminal sliding mode speed controller (INFTSMC) based on a novel extended sliding mode disturbance observer (IESMDO) is designed, where an improved super-twisting control law is designed to speed up convergence, while IESMDO can accurately observe the unknown perturbed part F of the system in real-time relative to the sliding mode disturbance observer (SMO). Finally, high-order square root cubature Kalman-filter (CKF) combined with an adaptive estimator is proposed to accurately estimate the speed and rotor position of the motor in real-time. Through simulations and semi-physical experiments with PI and traditional NFTSMC, it is verified that the algorithm has better transient steady-state performance when external disturbances and parameter perturbation are added externally to the motor, which is conducive to improve the control effect of IPMSM.
2. Kou, B., X. Zhao, M. Wang, and C. Wen, "Overview of anti-salient permanent magnet synchronous motor and its control technology," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 8, 2414-2425, 2019.
3. Hou, L., et al., "H_∞ robust control of PMSM speed regulation system," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 7, 1478-1487, 2019.
4. Zhao, K., et al., "Finite control set model-free fault-tolerant predictive control for permanent magnet synchronous motor," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 36, No. 1, 27-38, 2021.
5. Zhao, K., et al., "Research on model-free sliding mode control of permanent magnet synchronous motor," Journal of Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation, Vol. 32, No. 4, 172-180, 2018.
6. Wei, H. and L. Wang, "Adaptive dynamic sliding mode control of permanent magnet linear synchronous motor based on feedback linearization," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 37, No. 4, 861-869, 2022.
7. Sun, B., X. Ge, and Y. Sun, "Dynamical integral sliding mode control for permanent magnet ring torque motor," Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 383-390, 799-804, 2011.
8. Tran, M.-D. and H.-J. Kang, "Nonsingular terminal sliding mode control of uncertain second-order nonlinear systems," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2015, No. 20, 2015.
9. Chen, S. Y., H. H. Chiang, T. S. Liu, and C. C. Hung, "Precision motion control of permanent magnet linear synchronous motors using adaptive fuzzy fractional-order sliding-mode control," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 24, No. 2, 741-752, 2019.
10. Xu, B., L. Zhang, and W. Ji, "Improved non-singular fast terminal sliding mode control with disturbance observer for PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2753-2762, 2021.
11. Im, J. H. and R. Y. Kim, "Improved saliency-based position sensorless control of interior permanent-magnet synchronous machines with single DC-link current sensor using current prediction method," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 7, 5335, 2018.
12. Wang, G. R. and J. Y. Li, "Application of modified UKF algorithm in PMLSM sensorless control," Transducer and Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 36, No. 2, 158-160, 2017.
13. Zhu, J., et al., "PMLSM without position sensing control of double forgetting Kalman filter," Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 30, No. 2, 672-678, 2018.
14. Zhu, J., B. Liu, H. Wang, Z. Li, and Z. Zhe, "Research on sensorless control of PMLSM based on improved volumetric Kalman filter," Control Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 3, 471-477, 2021.
15. Song, Y., et al., "Fast super spiral sliding mode control of permanent magnet synchronous motor," Control Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 1, 62-69, 2023.
16. Li, X., J. Liu, Y. Yin, and K. Zhao, "Improved super-twisting non-singular fast terminal sliding mode control of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor considering time-varying disturbance of the system," IEEE Access, Vol. 11, 17485-17496, 2023.
17. Zhao, K. H., et al., "Novel model-free sliding mode control of permanent magnet synchronous motor based on extended sliding mode disturbance observer," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 42, No. 6, 2375-2386, 2022.
18. Zhao, K., W. Liu, Z. Liu, J. Lin, and H. Gang, "A model-free high-order sliding mode control algorithm for permanent magnet synchronous motor," Journal of Electrotechnical Technology, 1-14, 2013.
19. Xu, B., L. Zhang, and W. Ji, "Improved non-singular fast terminal sliding mode control with disturbance observer for PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2753-2762, 2021.
20. Yong, F., B. Sheng, and X. Yu, "Design method of non-singular terminal sliding mode control systems," Control and Decision, Vol. 17, No. 2, 194-198, 2002.
21. Xin, G., S. Huang, P. Yu, J. Yang, H. Wang, and , "Sliding mode control of IPMSM speed control system based on improved double power reaching law and global fast terminal sliding mode observer," Journal of Electrical Technology, Vol. 38, No. 1, 190-203, 2023.
22. Zhang, R., et al., "Sensorless PMSM control based on improved PSO and generalized fifth-order CKF algorithm," Journal of Motor and Control, Vol. 25, No. 7, 120-128, 2021.
23. Guan, B., X. Tang, and Q. Ge, "Square root higher-order volume Kalman filter for unknown measurement noise variance," Computer Application Research, Vol. 32, No. 9, 2626-2629, 2015.