The next-generation communication network will be primarily based on the 5G networks, with multiple wireless Radio Access Technologies (RATs) coexisting. The factors influencing user experience are complex and diverse, making it difficult for any single wireless technology to meet all user needs. Most existing network selection algorithms focus on either the user side or the network side, leading to the problem of network load imbalance. Therefore, this paper proposes a Multi-Attribute Synergetic Decision (MASD) algorithm for 5G integrated heterogeneous wireless network. First, implement the pre-filtering of the candidate network set. Taking into account the diversity of user services, this algorithm focuses on Quality of Service (QoS), user preferences, and network load. Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and Standard Deviation (SD) are used to calculate the weights of each attribute. Based on the synergetic theory, the entropy value of the candidate network system is obtained. Simulation results demonstrate that this algorithm effectively coordinates various factors to select the most suitable network for access. It reduces unnecessary handovers, avoids the ping-pong effect, and achieves load balancing to a certain extent.
2. Yu, H. and B. Zhang, "A hybrid MADM algorithm based on attribute weight and utility value for heterogeneous network selection," Journal of Network and Systems Management, Vol. 27, 756-783, 2019.
3. Goyal, P., D. Lobiyal, and C. Katti, "Dynamic user preference based network selection for vertical handoff in heterogeneous wireless networks," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 98, 725-742, 2018.
4. Zhu, A., S. T. Guo, B. Liu, M. Ma, J. Yao, X. Su, and , "Adaptive multiservice heterogeneous network selection scheme in mobile edge computing," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. 6, No. 4, 6862-6875, 2019.
5. Guo, X., M. Omar, K. Zaini, G. Liang, M. Lin, and Z. Gan, "Multi-attribute access selection algorithm for heterogeneous wireless networks based on fuzzy network attribute values," IEEE Access, Vol. 10, 74071-74081, 2022.
6. Chen, J., Y. Wang, Y. Li, and E. Wang, "QoE-aware intelligent vertical handoff scheme over heterogeneous wireless access networks," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 38285-38293, 2018.
7. Zhong, Y., H. Wang, and H. Lv, "A cognitive wireless networks access selection algorithm based on MADM," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 109, 102286, 2020.
8. Yu, H. and B. Zhang, "A heterogeneous network selection algorithm based on network attribute and user preference," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 72, 68-80, 2018.
9. Sadik, M., N. Akkari, and G. Aldabbagh, "SDN-based handover scheme for multi-tier LTE/Femto and D2D networks," Computer Networks, Vol. 142, 142-153, 2018.
10. Song, X., W. Liu, M. Zhang, and F. Liu, "A network selection algorithm based on FAHP/GRA in heterogeneous wireless networks," 2016 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer and Communications (ICCC), 1445-1449, IEEE, 2016.
11. Liu, Q., C. Kwong, S. Zhang, L. Li, and J. Wang, "A fuzzy-clustering based approach for MADM handover in 5G ultra-dense networks," Wireless Networks, Vol. 28, 965-978, 2022.
12. Kalbkhani, H., S. Jafarpour-Alamdari, M. G. Shayesteh, and V. Solouk, "QoS-based multi-criteria handoff algorithm for femto-macro cellular networks," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 98, 1435-1460, 2018.
13. Wang, S., H. Deng, R. Xiong, G. Liu, Y. Liu, and H. Liu, "A multi-objective model-based vertical handoff algorithm for heterogeneous wireless networks," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Vol. 1, 1-18, 2021.
14. Dhand, P., S. Mittal, and G. Sharma, "An intelligent handoff optimization algorithm for network selection in heterogeneous networks," International Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 13, No. 5, 2025-2036, 2021.
15. Goutam, S., S. Unnikrishnan, A. Karandikar, and A. Goutam, "Algorithm for vertical handover decision using geometric mean and MADM techniques," International Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 14, No. 5, 2691-2699, 2022.
16. Sasaki, M., A. Yamaguchi, K. Yamazaki, and Y. Imagaki, "Evaluation of communication system selection applying AHP algorithm in heterogeneous wireless networks," Communications and Applications Conference (ComComAp), 334-338, Hong Kong, China, 2012.
17. Ma, M., A. Zhu, S. Guo, and Y. Yang, "Intelligent network selection algorithm for multiservice users in 5G heterogeneous network system: Nash Q-learning method," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. 8, No. 15, 11877-11890, 2021.
18. Wang, X., X. Su, and B. Liu, "HetWN selection scheme based on bipartite graph multiple matching," International Conference on Communications and Networking in China, Cham: Springer International Publishing, China, October 23–25, 2018.
19. Sun, Z., "Research on network selection method and multi-user access technology in VLC-based indoor hybrid networks,", M.S. Thesis, Xidian University, 2018.
20. Liang, G. and H. Yu, "Network selection algorithm for heterogeneous wireless networks based on service characteristics and user preferences," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 1-16, 2018.
21. Luo, R., S. Zhao, and Q. Zhu, "Network selection algorithm based on synergetic for heterogeneous wireless," Telecommunications Science, Vol. 33, No. 4, 78-86, 2017.
22. Zhang, L. and Q. Zhu, "Multiple attribute network selection algorithm based on AHP and synergetic theory for heterogeneous wireless networks," Journal of Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 1, 29-40, 2014.