A new method for improving shielding effectiveness (SE) of a rectangular enclosure with multiple apertures has been proposed. In this method in order to compensate the effects of the apertures on reduction of (SE) parameter, instead of the one wall, two metallic walls containing apertures has been used. The numerical simulation uses a symmetric condensed node of TLM-TD (Transmission line Modeling Method-Time Domain) and subsequent Fourier Transform. The shielding effectiveness response to an electric field impulsive excitation is obtained. A study of the influence of the place of apertures in the walls and the distance between the two walls is presented.
2. Qian, Z. H., R. Chen, K. W. Leung, and H. W. Yang, "FDTD analysis of microstrip patch antenna covered by plasma sheath," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 173-183, 2005.
3. Cerri, G., R. D. Leo, and V. M. Primiani, "Theoretical and experimental evaluation of the electromagnetic radiation from apertures in shielded enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. EMC-34, No. 4, 423-432, November 1992.
4. Yla-Oijala, P., M. Taskinen, and J. Sarvas, "Surface integral equation method for general composite metallic and dielectric structures with junctions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 81-108, 2005.
5. Matsushima, A., Y. Nakamura, and S. Tomino, "Application of integral equation method to metal-plate lens structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 245-262, 2005.
6. Edrisi, M. and W. K. Chan, "EMC methodology for numerical electric field computation inside enclosure with aperture," Electronics Letters, Vol. 35, 1233-1235, 1999.
7. Zhou, X. and G. W. Pan, "Application of Physical Spline Finite Element Method (PSFEM) to fullwave analysis of waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 19-41, 2006.
8. Chou, H.-T. and H.-T. Hsu, "Hybridization of simulation codes based on numerical high and low frequency techniques for the efficient antenna design in the presence of electrically large and complex structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 173-187, 2008.
9. Attari, A. R. and K. Barkeshli, "Application of the transmission line matrix method to the calculation of the shielding effectiveness for metallic enclosures,", Palais des congres Acropolis, Nice, France, November 12-14.2002.
10. SiIveira, J. L., S. Benhassine, L. Pichon, and A. Raizer, "Analysis of the shielding effectiveness of a rectangular enclosure with apertures by TLM-TD," Fourth International Conference on Computation in Electromagnetic (CEM 2002), Bournemouth, UK, 8-11 April 2002.