A novel ultra-wideband bow-tie slot antenna fed by CPW is proposed in this paper. This antenna has been demonstrated to provide an UWB with return loss less than -10 dB from 9.5 GHz to 22.4 GHz. The bandwidth is up to 80%, which is quite better than the traditional bow-tie slot antenna. Simulated and measured results are presented.
2. Shams, K. M. Z. and M. Ali, "A CPW-fed inductively coupled modified bow-tie slot antenna," IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig. 3B, 365-368, 2005.
3. Soliman, E. A., S. Brebels, P. Delmotte, G. A. E. Vandenbosch, and E. Beyne, "Bow-tie slot antenna fed by CPW," Electron. Lett., Vol. 35, 514-515, 1999.
4. Allen, C. M., A. A. Eldek, A. Z. Elsherbeni, C. E. Smith, C. W. Huang, and K. F. Lee, "Dual tapered meander slot antenna for radar applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, 2324-2328, 2005.
5. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for dual wideband wireless communication systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 1571-1581, 2005.
6. Shams, K. M. Z., M. Ali, and H. S. Hwang, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 861-871, 2006.
7. Qu, S. W. and C. L. Ruan, "Quadrate bowtie antenna with round corners," 2005 IEEE International Conference, Sept. 5–8, 2005.