The techniques of ground-cut slots and miniaturization are applied in the design of microstrip antenna which reduces the resonance frequency and size of antenna and achieves the Radar Cross Section (RCS) reduction. Compared with the rectangular patch antenna working at the same frequency, the designed antenna realizes the RCS reduction in the whole frequency band of 2-8 GHz. And the RCS can be reduced 2-4 dB at its working frequency. The RCSp eaks are efficiently controlled to get a smooth curve while the gain loss is only approximately 0.9 dB, which assures the radiation performance. The measured results of radiation performance accord with the simulation results and it implies that this method is feasible.
2. Yousefzadeh, N., C. Ghobadi, and M. Kamyab, "Consideration of mutual coupling in a microstrip patch array using fractal elements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 41-49, 2006.
3. Donelli, M., S. Caorsi, F. DeNatale, M. Pastorino, and A. Massa, "Linear antenna synthesis with a hybrid genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 49, 1-22, 2004.
4. Newman, H., "Scattering from a microstrip patch," IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. AP-35, No. 3, 245-251, March 1987.
5. Pozar, D. M., "Radiation and scattering from a microstrip patch on a uniaxial substrate," IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. AP-35, No. 6, 613-621, June 1987.
6. King, A. S., "Scattering from a finite array of microstrip patches," IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. AP-40, No. 7, 770-774, 1992.
7. Volakis, J. L., A. Alexanian, and J. M. Lin, "Broadband RCS reduction of rectangular patch by using distributed loading," Electron Lett., Vol. 28, No. 25, 2322-2323, 1992.
8. Aberle, J. T., M. Chu, and C. R. Birtcher, "Scattering and radiation properties of varactor-tuned microstrip antennas," Antennas Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp. Dig., Vol. 4, 2229-2232, 1992.
9. Pozar, D. M., "Radiation and scattering characteristics of microstrip antennas on normally biased ferrite substrates," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. AP-40, No. 9, 1084-1092, 1992.
10. Wu, B.-I., W.Wang, J. Pacheco, X. Chen, T. M. Grzegorczyk, and J. A. Kong, "A study of using metamaterials as antenna substrate to enhance gain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 295-328, 2005.
11. Liu, Y., S. Gong, H. Guo, and D. Fu, "Fractal microstrip patch antenna for antenna RCS reduction," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 32, 1530-1531, 2004.
12. He, X., S. Gong, Y. Ji, and Q. Liu, "Meshed microstrip patch antennas with low RCS," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 46, 117-120, 2006.
13. Wan, J. X. and C.-H. Liang, "A fast analysis of scattering from microstrip antennas over a wide band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 50, 187-208, 2005.
14. Saed, M. A., "Broadband cpw-few planar slot antennas with various tuning stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006.
15. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Rectangular slot antenna with patch stub for ultra wideband applications and phased array systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 227-237, 2005.