In this paper a method of moment based analysis of an H-plane 1:3p ower divider has been presented using Multi Cavity Modeling Technique (MCMT) in transmitting mode. Finally attempt has been made to improve the frequency response characteristic of the above mentioned waveguide circuit using a sorting post to diversify the power equally in all the ports. Codes have been written for analyzing the frequency response characteristic of the structure, mentioned above. Numerical data have been compared with the data obtained with laboratory measurement, and CST Microwave Studio simulation. In the present analysis global basis function has been used. The existence of cross polarization components of the field inside the waveguide structures if exists, have also been considered to obtain an accurate result. The proposed power divider has good agreement with the theoretical; CST microwave studio simulated data and measured data. The power divider can be used in the input at 9.8 GHz frequency band, over 800 MHz.
2. Soroka, A. S., A. O. Silin, V. I. Tkachenko, and I. S. Tsakanyan, "Simulation of multichannel waveguide power dividers," MSMW’98 Symposium Proceedings, 634-635, Kharkov, Ukraine, September 15–17, 1998.
3. Chen, S., "A radial waveguide power divider for Ka band phase array antenna," 3rd International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 948-951, 2002.
4. Gardner, P. and B. H. Ong, "Mode matching design of threeway waveguide power dividers," IEE Colloquium on Advances in Passive Microwave Components, 5/1-5/4, May 22, 1997.
5. Das, S. and A. Chakraborty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuits and radiators," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, May 2006.
6. Das, S. and A. Chakrabarty, "Analysis of waveguide based power divider using multiple cavity modeling technique and performance improvement," IRSI-2005, Bangalore, India, 2005.
7. Das, S., A. Chakrabarty, and A. Chakraborty, Analysis of multiport waveguide power divider/combiner for phased array application, NCC 2007, IIT Kanpur, India, 2007.
8. Eleftheriades, G., A. S. Omar, and L. P. B. Katehi, "Some important properties of waveguide junction generalized scattering matrices in the context of the mode matching technique," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 42, No. 10, 1896-1903, October 1994.
9. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, Roger E. Krieger Publishing Company, USA, 1968.
10. Harrington, R. F., Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1961.
11. Collins, R. E., Field Theory of Guided Waves, IEEE Press, 1991.
12. Das, S., Analysis of rectangular waveguide based passive devices and antennas using multiple cavity modeling technique, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of E & ECE, I.I.T Kharagpur, India, 2007.